Views: 2465|Replies: 9

Why is America complaining about China's rare earth abundance? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-26 12:13:05 |Display all floors
I saw a video on CNN about the US "concerned" about China's rare earth dominance.  But who cares?   It's china's land, it's china's material - what concern is it of the US?  Are they going to try and start a war to steal China's resources like in the Middle-East?  Are they going to try and create conflict in East Asia so that war breaks out and they can steal Asia's resources?  

Everything the US does in Asia has a motive, and that motive is not in China's best interest.  All Asian countries have a common  goal:  to keep stability, peace, and growth in Asia.  In times like these, it is important to have good relations with your neighbor.  The Koreans and Japanese need to kick the US bases off their land because it will end up hurting them.  The US does not have Asia's best interest at heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-26 12:38:51 |Display all floors

inshallah, brother

Smite infidels on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes
جمال لطيفة

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-26 13:06:57 |Display all floors
There are several options I see for the Americans:

1. They could explore and possibly find more sources.

2. They can find alternate technologies so that these materials are not needed.

3. They can try to have good relations with China and buy these materials from them.

4. If all else fails they could try to get it from China in some devious way. I don't think they would want to start a war with China. It's easy to beat up small and weak countries like Iraq or Afghanistan but not China.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-5-25 10:29 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-5-26 20:45:22 |Display all floors

Ah!  Good a volunteer              

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-26 20:49:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-5-26 19:26
Another solution: Reduce the number of 'earthlings', and voila: More earth for fewer earth consumers!

Leave that to mother nature, its bound to happen eventually :p

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-27 00:02:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-5-26 20:45
Ah!  Good a volunteer              

haha nice!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-27 00:09:47 |Display all floors
China can keep "Rare Earth".....I don`t like their music anyway............
rare earth.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.