Views: 3754|Replies: 8

Is this Chinese views on the West? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-13 22:53:20 |Display all floors
"When We were called Sick man of Asia, We were called The Peril.

When We are billed to be the next Superpower, We are called The threat.

When We closed our doors, You smuggled Drugs to Open Markets.

When We Embrace Freed Trade, You blamed us for Taking away your jobs.

When We were falling apart, You marched in your troops and wanted your fair share.

When We were putting the broken pieces together again, Free Tibet you screamed, it was an invasion!

So, We Tried Communism, You hated us for being Communists.

When We embrace Capitalism, You hate us for being Capitalist.

When We have a Billion People, you said we were destroying the planet.

When We tried to limit our numbers, you said It was human rights abuse.

When We were Poor, You think we are dogs.

When We Loan you cash, You blame us for your debts.

When We build our industries, You called us Polluters.

When we sell you goods, You blame us for global warming.

When We buy oil, You called that exploitation and Genocide.

When You fight for oil, You called that Liberation.

When We were lost in Chaos and rampage, You wanted Rules of Law for us.

When We uphold law and order against Violence, You called that Violating Human Rights.

When We were silent, You said you want us to have Free Speech.

When We were silent no more, You say we were Brainwashed Xenophobics.

Why do you hate us so much? We asked.

No, You Answered, We dont hate You.

We dont Hate You either, But Do you understand us?

Of course We do, You said, We have AFP, CNN and BBC

What do you really want from us?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 00:37:53 |Display all floors
That's not wrong, I got to admit that this post makes me think more about foreign attitude toward China than 5 years of xenophobic rants I've read in this forum.
Maybe the misunderstanding comes from the fact that China never had a moderated attitude whatever the matter was.
Everything that China does is huge and impressive, sometimes hidden, sometimes violent, sometimes not well promoted and it will always bring up critics. All in all, besides critics, most of us understand that it is never easy to drive smooth changes in such an over populated country. Now that you are silent no more, try to not be paranoid, China also lack of understanding toward foreign countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 02:07:04 |Display all floors
From my point of view, I think that is true. However, China would have done the exact same thing if it was the "West". It is called "balancing" the power. Securing yourself by lowering the others.As a matter of fact, it is my understanding that is happening in China right now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 02:10:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 02:19:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-5-14 00:44
Just remember this: IF China is over populated it is her problem, NOT YOURS. But judging from your hopeless "China also lack of understanding toward.... blah blah" you are a zh!tty Hongko ...

First of all, I am grateful to your comment. It is intrinsically insightful, given that I have never been to China. I, however, find your view is a source of danger. A danger to the development of China. By that I do not just mean politically, but also economically and socially.

For, firstly, globalisation makes China's problem the world problem. The fault of American banking system will lead to the bail out of Greece...possibly later the fall of Euros.

Secondly, it is often the case that foreign countries are looking at China with the benefit of hindsight (with their expertise and experience) as well as a "third person perspective". Yes, they may 'attack' us on human rights just for the sake of it. But their arguments are not without weight. Say, the recent case of Zhao Zuohai who was found innocent after 11 years in jail can said to be the most recent example.

With respect, I therefore have grounds to suggest that your "100% anti-Western blah blah" is a source of danger to the growing China. Rather, ignorantly refusal to constructive opinion would merely lead to the fall of China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 02:29:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-5-14 02:08
Keep biting the hand that feeds you ungrateful scum.

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve here. By calling me "ungrateful scum", a fairly strong insult, would not convince me nor anyone else that your view is one that is just and fair. Moreover, your insult demonstrates you have lost touch with a reasonably objective analysis. Should your view represent the majority of the Chinese's views, it would cause intrinsic damage to China's image. I shall report your disgraceful comment to the Editors immediately in order to defend our country's image.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 18:29:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinawatcher at 2010-5-14 02:29

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve here. By calling me "ungrateful scum", a fairly strong insult, would not convince me nor anyone else that your view is one that is j ...

Thanks, I do appreciate your attitude on this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.