Author: wetac0s

Chinese: Different ethnicites united into One [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-23 11:41:54 |Display all floors

Reply #28 caringhk's post

all dialects still belongs to HAN

& so is chinese

Not sure Ti.betans and Ui.ghurs  can agree with you?

DEEMPHASIZE Han is good idea. Emphasize and promote the "common language" is good enough.

Maybe by de-linking the "common language" from Han "race", it will be more easily accepted by the remote "races".

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-4-23 11:43 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-23 16:06:31 |Display all floors
Putonghua since Qin shi Huang Di time UNITED China till NOW

No delink & Never do it as bad strategy
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-23 16:12:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2010-4-23 16:06
Putonghua since Qin shi Huang Di time UNITED China till NOW

No delink & Never do it as bad strategy

You are wrong again. Qin Shihuang standardized the writing, not the spoken language. Putonghua is relatively young and based on the Beijing dialect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-23 16:25:00 |Display all floors
The vast majority of the Chinese people are Hans, but I doubt we can find a pure Han today. We were already mixed before we were Hans, and after we identified ourselves as "Hans" - about 2,000 years ago - we continued mixing with other ethnic groups. It's stupid to say the CCP invented the category: the idea of Han has been with us before most European countries were born, so much so that our languages, in whatever dialect, are infused with the Han identity (e.g. "hanjian" means, strictly, traitor to the Hans, though it commonly means traitor to the Chinese or China). Being mixed doesn't have to entail a negation of our ethnicity - something that the West would love. Many Irish today have both celtic and Germanic blood, and perhaps from other sources as well, but they're still Irish.

I've a young Taiwanese friend - my son's former high school classmate - whose name is Wang. His mother is Han, but his dad is Mongolian. I think there must be millions of Mongolians and Manchus and other nationalities that have now been classified as "Han" before they'd adopted Han culture. Yet Han culture itself is a mixture of all other cultures, including Mongolian and Manchu, Tibetan, etc. It's just that those who called themselves "Han" still practice predominantly Han culture, whereas those who called themselves Mongolian or any other ethnic group have retained more of their preferred culture. Whatever the case, we're all Chinese and I thank God for that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-23 22:36:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by larrydu at 2010-4-23 16:25
The vast majority of the Chinese people are Hans, but I doubt we can find a pure Han today. We were already mixed before we were Hans, and after we identified ourselves as "Hans" - about  ...

WONDERFUL POST!

The only time I really hear about Han is when western media tries to provoke ethnic conflict.  Interesting that they take such an interest in trying to categorize Chinese genealogy.

[ Last edited by wetac0s at 2010-4-23 10:52 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-26 04:32:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-4-25 08:40

So you are. But real Mongolians live in yurts they pitch in the grassland or steppes of their realm. China (and formerly Russia) is trying to sedentarise them but old ways die slowly; nomadis ...

Haha I can't believe you have the nerve to tell a real mongolian how to think.  You are not an expert on all things asian (although you act like it), you are not an expert on anything except for ignorance and hatred.  Do you actually think because you are a white man, you have the power to tell non-whites how they feel and act?  Do you actually think you know what's better for us than we do?

You are the most narcissistic, arrogant, and egotistic person I have ever witnessed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-26 10:32:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-4-25 08:36

This post is merely trying to deflect attention from some black spots in intra-Chinese ethnic relations to dwell on the author's perceived Western innate problems. It contains a number of ina ...

You are the master at deflecting from the point at hand.  

You are not Han and you are not any other ethnicity within China.  You are not a native and you are not asian.  Everything you say is like a crazy man shouting on a soap box.  

The CCP only started to give recognition to the 56 ethnicities due to "political correctness".  Really, there is not major differences between Han and others.  

Did you even read any of the other posts?  There are almost no pure blooded Han's.  All Han's are mixed with other ethnicties.  Just like Americans are made up of different european ethnicities.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.