Views: 16504|Replies: 89

Chinese: Different ethnicites united into One [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-21 11:01:19 |Display all floors
Most Chinese people are mixed with other things but still Chinese.  

For example, I am 100% Chinese Han but I also have korean, uigher, monglolian, miao, yao, siberian, and manchu blood.  Americans always like to brag about their different ethnicities like scottish, english, german, etc... but we Chinese should be proud of our diversity as well because being full Chinese means you are mixed with many things.

most of the time people think I am Korean or Chinese but the afghani store owner in my neighborhood thinks I'm Kazakh.  What are your experiences?

[ Last edited by wetac0s at 2010-4-21 11:12 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 11:26:48 |Display all floors
Obviously people don't usually mistake me for Chinese, I have been mistaken for a lot of other things though.

My wife on the other hand is most often mistaken for being Japanese, which infuriates her. She has Manchu/Mongolian and Han blood.

I agree that all chinese should be proud ot their diversity, most westerners, including myself until I spent time in China, are unaware of the diversity and cultural differences between some Chinese ethnic groups.

I agree with the idea that you can be part of a nation without being part of the majority. In fact diversity amongst a people should be celebrated as diversity leads to change and change leads to progress.

As a song says. "If everybody looked the same, We'd get tired of looking at each other."
If we all thought and felt the same we would get tired of thinking like each other as well.

Yay for unified diversity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 11:50:07 |Display all floors
i was told why Abe Lincoln was so UGLY????

'cos Ugliness is so common
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 16:47:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-4-21 11:01
Most Chinese people are mixed with other things but still Chinese.  

For example, I am 100% Chinese Han but I also have korean, uigher, monglolian, miao, yao, siberian, and manchu blood.  Americ ...

Your ethnicity is therefore Chinese mongrel. In west you would be a Heintz 57    
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 17:02:27 |Display all floors
such gweilos anglos pariah replies
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 23:39:56 |Display all floors
We're all mutts.   

Just goes to show you, it's hard to turn down a good lay.......

lol, sorry.

But seriously, I am interested in learning more about the different ethnicities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 23:44:22 |Display all floors
We're all mutts.     Just goes to show you, it's hard to turn down a good lay.......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.