Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-20 16:40:57 |Display all floors
seeing those fires is sad but fun on tv

the fire gods told me to enjoy & none of yr biz
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-20 18:41:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2010-4-20 15:48

family and especially mothers play an important role on their children's point of you and attitude in life.

they are the primary ones that help shape the characteristics of a child, hence,
making him think of what he wanna be...or what his parents want him to be??

[ Last edited by jhaye_le at 2010-4-20 06:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-20 21:14:36 |Display all floors
I'm not sure I've ever heard of a child aspiring to be a banker or a lawyer! Holy cow what kind of a disturbed kid is that!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-20 21:19:49 |Display all floors
Times are changing, various careers are emerging that are interesting to the youths of today.  Sadly, sometimes a
child's profession is already pre-detemined by his parents.  They pressure the kid to do something they haven't done or
failed to do when they were younger.  Or yes, it can also be that the parents want the kid to continue a profession in the
family lineage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 00:07:03 |Display all floors

Xil, it starts at home...

Originally posted by xilaren at 4/18/2010 03:12 PM
Once upon a time, children aspired to be teachers, bankers, lawyers or doctors. Now they just want to be celebrities.Society is losing values gradually.Easy money is luring young people ...

... with the parents that keep using the TV as a babysitter - same goes for the foolish belief that schools (private/public/religious/etc.) will also serve as a substitute for parental responsibilities.  The primary example that a child has is her or her parents (and extended family), anything else is a copout.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-21 00:58:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2010-4-21 00:07

... with the parents that keep using the TV as a babysitter - same goes for the foolish belief that schools (private/public/religious/etc.) will also serve as a substitute for parental responsi ...

I agree and mostly mothers are to blame.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.