Views: 3087|Replies: 15

Chinese and politics [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-14 16:36:01 |Display all floors
We often heard of that taxi drivers in Beijing like to talk about politics with passengers, from domestic problems to international disputes. I myself is a Beijing local and I have the experience that when a group of friends, especailly a group of men, are meeting, politic is one of the hottest topic among them.

By contrary, articles often say that people from the US and Japan, including other places in the world don't like to think about politics much, except those politicians. Ordinary people are more concerned about their daily life, and they even don't bother to vote for their leaders.

In China, although citizens don't have the right to choose their leaders directly, they like to discuss about domestic and international situations, as if they have the decision ability of what should be done.

I read an article written by a person who chatted with a cabbie in Beijing. The driver talked about the international situation and US domestic status for a long time, and concluded that Obama would definitely take office. Of course, the conversation happened before he was elected as the president, so that the passenger didn't take the driver's words seriously. When he finally witnessed Obama's success, he thought the driver should be an analyst of Sino-US relationship instead of a cabbie.

Do you have the same feeling when you travelled in Beijing or other parts of China? Or you met with some Chinese people who like to discuss about politics with others? Or you think people in your country, or other parts rather than China, like to talk about politics much?
Multiple choicevote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
20.00% (1)
20.00% (1)
40.00% (2)
20.00% (1)
Your current user group has no poll permission
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 16:43:16 |Display all floors
the people i mixed seldom talk politics

the girls do not talk politics but clothings,etc

But they wld like to marry people in offices like Hu JT
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 16:44:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 16:53:55 |Display all floors
then why US people aren't concerned much about politics? isn't US media work better than its Chinese media?
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 17:20:28 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 10:08:52 |Display all floors
are you talking in the ironic way?
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 10:13:28 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.