Views: 15167|Replies: 53

North and South Korean unification [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-14 09:49:34 |Display all floors
If the US took their military base off korean land, I think North and South Korea would be unified.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 09:51:52 |Display all floors
Maybe, but would the South join the north, or vice versa......I can't see Mr. Kim giving up his power and I can't see the S.koreans being happy to join him.
How would reunification take place?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 15:12:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-4-14 09:49
If the US took their military base off korean land, I think North and South Korea would be unified.

Unified? Yeah, maybe through another invasion of the South by North Korean troops. In fact South Korea isn`t so eager to be reunited. The watched the German reunification closely and came to the conclusion that unification would be a burden. So the South Korean government does everything to keep the status quo....and is against anything that disturbs Northern stability.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 18:38:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-14 15:12

In fact South Korea isn`t so eager to be reunited.  

unfortunately, what you said is true. i asked my korean friends if they wanted to be reunited with the N. Korea
but they're unenthusiastic about it.  although some said they hoped but it would be a hard work for the two sides
and it would require a long time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 23:56:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 00:08:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-4-14 23:56
And I'd like to see South Africa reclaimed by the black people too. Is that altruistic in your books, my racist snake?

You should watch the movie "Invictus"...you could learn a lot from a person like Nelson Mandela.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 00:24:31 |Display all floors

Uh...

Originally posted by Wahahaha at 4/14/2010 10:56 AM
And I'd like to see South Africa reclaimed by the black people too.

Mandela, Mbeki, and Zuma are white?!  Or are you playing the "Oreo" Card?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.