Author: polaris1120

Google doesn't expect other firms to stand up to Beijing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-13 10:51:02 |Display all floors
They've been sued by authors from around the globe.  I still don't see it as wrong.   It's like the music industry fighting about all  the mp3 downloads from shared networks.  
These industries need to learn how to survive with the internet and use it to their advantage.  If I wrote a book - I would want it indexed so people can learn and read about it.
Face it - more and more people are turning to the internet for media, news, entertainment - everything.  If your business is going to survive - you better have a solid internet plan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 10:56:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 11:04:11 |Display all floors
I don't know that it renders them obsolete...it's just there is a change for sure.  It's what everyone wants - let's face it.
We want everything for free.   We want to listen to any music we like, or read any material we like.  The internet has created billions of spoiled brats - myself included.
I do not consider it theft to download an mp3, do you cry for the record companies?  I understand the dilema - it's also happening with the newspapers.
People will read the news online and not buy the paper.  It's a problem of not adjusting your business model with the times.   You can still make money...just not in the traditional sense.
Content sites, like this one, make money through advertising instead of selling the actual papers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 11:41:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 12:13:29 |Display all floors
And that is exactly what it is.  Google relies on popularity.  The more popular they are, the more advertising dollars they are worth (which is how they make money).  Advertisers love google because of the wide audience (here they have about 74% of the market share) .   So for the advertiser, billions of eyeballs seeing their company name, their products is worth the $$$.  It's cheaper than traditional advertising and google runs the most respectable advertising avenue out there.  

They are a smart company because they understand the new generation as you are saying - they are a part of it.  The founders became billionaires when they were in their early thirties I think.  They are not old now.  People relate to them.  I do.  And there is a global internet movement .... almost a new renaissance or an awakening.  People are getting more and more exposed and connected with the world like never before.   Rebellion maybe...or maybe it's a good sign.  It's a thirst for more - for all the world has to offer...  ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 20:30:36 |Display all floors
google must be adapt to chinese regulation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 20:41:03 |Display all floors
They can't.  If they do - they will lose their customer base in the US.
It would be suicide for them after making a point for a 'new approach'.
They would lose all credibility.  When that goes - so does the $$$

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.