Author: expatter

Jap Drug Smugglers Executed – Racism or Hypocrisy? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-8 17:07:40 |Display all floors

zhiran

Not true.

Mules were discussed previously as an issue regarding Shaikh.

And in addition in regard to around the world and the Philippines.

In fact the words 'innocent dupes' were used or implied as a general rule.

And 'ifs' and 'maybes' part of the dialogue.

But not this time.

The Japanese guy(s) was in possession of drugs IN China.

He got them allegedly from someone in China.

Mr.Shaikh and the Japanese both received media coverage in China, but not overly exposed in either case.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 17:23:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-8 17:07
The Japanese guy(s) was in possession of drugs IN China.

He got them allegedly from someone in China.

Mr.Shaikh and the Japanese both received media coverage in China, but not overly exposed in either case..

you completely missed (or avoided) the point.

He bought drugs to supply in Japan.

Has he been intending to supply in China, I think the point of increased media coverage, would still be valid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 17:31:45 |Display all floors
I think that if you search for the thread entitled "Convicted Chinese Murderer Executed in Japan" you will find the same people making the same comments re. the Chinese accused i.e. anti-death penalty.

I would suggest it came down to the very low media exposure the case received. There could be other reasons but i am not about to jump to conclusions.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-8 18:01:32 |Display all floors

zhiran #54

I understood your point completely.

No need to repeat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 18:04:05 |Display all floors

zhian #55

There were two threads posted in this forum, for the forum members to see.

The fact they were ignored has little to do with how much external exposure there was.

In this forum it was apathy.

That is what led to the initial question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 20:35:04 |Display all floors

Oh, ye of little comprehension....!

Originally posted by zhiran at 2010-4-8 14:49

The exact same argument could be said of you.

You did not write any posts castigating this Japanese for his behavior and state that he should rightfully face the death penalty - as you did m ...

Allow me to explain some fundamentals of comprehension to you; my FEW posts on the matter were to counter the 'bleeding hearts' who were protesting how babaric it all was, pretending that they were humane and compassionate when, in fact (according to my humble instinct), they were really looking for another reason to bash China.

And, uh, ummm, you know, those protestors didn't appear this time so there was NO need for me to counter-protest... and this thread proves that my initial instinct was quite correct. I mean where are all these humane and compassionate protestors now? Hmmmmm......?

('vociferous'? Me? Naaah! You need to look up the meaning of that word...! It might help you in your comprehension...)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 20:52:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2010-4-8 20:35
llow me to explain some fundamentals of comprehension to you; my FEW posts on the matter were to counter the 'bleeding hearts' who were protesting how babaric it all was, pretending that they were humane and compassionate when, in fact (according to my humble instinct), they were really looking for another reason to bash China..

Nope it just gave you another opportunity for you to do what you do best. Pick fights & patronize.

I doubt you were interested in the topic but when you saw your favorite characters seneca, emu etc stating their case, you just couldn't help taking up an opposing stance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.