Author: wetac0s

American websites that translate what Chinese people saying on the internet [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-27 06:18:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Siguy604 at 2010-3-27 05:57
I have been to those sites and they really are quite disgusting.  Also alot of the meanings get lost in translation.  Its not always easy to translate Chinese to English.  However most news sites i ...

If you need help you can ask

Chao Ren (VFP)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 06:27:52 |Display all floors

Reply #59 esmarika's post

I think you should take a look at those sites.  In fact, I encourage ALL Chinese to look at those sites.  Then they will see how people truly feel about China/Chinese.  I'm sure those people who's comments got translated into english and mocked by chinasmack users will not find the site to be funny.  

They have a section on "horny perverted Chinese girls", "unsatisfied Chinese wives", "Lou Jing", etc...Basically the focus of that site is to exaggerate to how "slutty" chinese girls are, how effeminate/chauvinistic chinese men are, and how materialistic and racist chinese people are.  It is a website that only focuses on bad parts of Chinese so that china bashers can have a playground to bash.  

I really hope more Chinese people will see those websites.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 06:34:56 |Display all floors

Reply #61 Siguy604's post

I totally agree with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 06:39:41 |Display all floors

Reply #52 Alex2010's post

Exactly.  You have just proved my point - that China is not the only country that censors.  Alex, being German, you of all people should realize certain historical and cultural sensitive subjects that your country would not like to talk about.  I know a guy from Hamburg who walks out of the room every time the holocaust is discussed.  He refuses to watch any WWII movies or anything about Jews.  

Just like Germany has things in it's past, so does China.  But people would rather point the finger at China than Germany.  You should understand cultural sensitivity.  Just like how America censors 9/11 related stuff.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 07:05:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2010-3-26 20:58
I have just posted a factual "no conjecture" post which explains some viewpoints common in the west.
The extra post follows my previous one, 2010-03-26 20:45, and mentions some incidents and names which are often filtered.

Let's see how long it takes to pass the filters!  

OK, an update.

My factual "no conjecture" post still has not appeared, and a version of it, with the filter words replaced by asterisks, which did initially appear, has been removed.

Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-3-26 16:44
>>Beijing would block it if the "wrong things" were discussed<<
As usual emu chooses to post conjecture as facts in his lowly attempt to debase China.

Wahahaha has been thoroughly and completely proven to be wrong.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 07:09:22 |Display all floors
Oh, and it appears that the word M0DERAT0Rs is a filter word!
Pathetic.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 07:19:28 |Display all floors

Reply #67 emucentral's post

What are you ranting about?  That you can't say dalai lama or buddhism on chinese internet?  There's a whole thread dedicated to the Dalai lama on CD and I did not see any censorship.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.