Views: 2914|Replies: 16

Why does the west hate Japan again? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-18 10:29:54 |Display all floors
Japan used to be an "honorary western" country.  Now it seems like Japan has fallen out of favor with westerners.  First the Toyota recalls, then  the anti-whaling crusade, and now the EU wants to ban fishing Bluefin Tuna....Why the hatred for Japan lately?  Is it because Japan wants to rid itself of US troops?  Is it because Japan is becoming closer with China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 12:16:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-3-18 10:29
Japan used to be an "honorary western" country.  Now it seems like Japan has fallen out of favor with westerners.  First the Toyota recalls, then  the anti-whaling crusade, and now the EU ...

Its because you dont read good the news

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 18:11:16 |Display all floors
What does this have to do with hate? Toyota is a company,just happens to be Japanese......and the Tuna thing: it`s not only Japanese fishing the tuna...actually Europe exports 90% of it`s tuna to Japan...a ban would hurt the European fishing industry as well. Inform yourself better!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 19:41:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-3-18 12:29
Why does the west hate Japan again?

Just wishful thinking by wettart.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-19 22:35:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-3-18 10:29
Japan used to be an "honorary western" country.  Now it seems like Japan has fallen out of favor with westerners.  First the Toyota recalls, then  the anti-whaling crusade, and now the EU ...

I'm not sure that I’ve noticed any hatred towards Japan.  In fact it’s got a pretty positive reputation generally in the West – or at least the bits of the West I’m familiar with.

The issue with Toyota was overblown; to be fair at least it demonstrated to the world that Toyota takes safety very seriously, the media hype around this may have occurred due to a lack of other interesting news stories at the time and once something like this starts its tends to snowball. Its hard to say if the same response would have happened if the same problems had been identified in a GM care. I don’t know.

Westerns feel all soft and squishy towards Whales. We think they are intelligent and sensitive and feel aggrieved when seeing them harpooned. This may seem odd to people who regard them as big floating cows, but it’s just how it is.

Bluefin tuna..Well it’s not just popular in Japan..? but it is in danger of becoming extinct through overfishing I believe. I doubt the EU worries even vaguely about the presence or potential lack of American troops in Japan; in fact plenty of people would like to see American troops in Europe withdrawn. Certainly the average Joe in the street thinks nothing of Japan or Chinas relationship with each other, it’s not particularly an issue. Sometimes it makes more sense to look at cause and effect for each issue that concerns you rather than trying to cram everything you are thinking about into a big over arching theory.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-20 13:23:55 |Display all floors
The "west" are nothing but buncha of zombies. Their media, financial institutions are all controlled by Rothschild.
That's why you always hear one voice from these zombies. Pathetic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-20 13:54:15 |Display all floors

Reply #8 lovethemho's post

We hear one voice from the "pseudo Chinese" here too......how terrible we westerners are. That record is scratched and that dog won't hunt!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.