Views: 2970|Replies: 5

Anti-corruption and open recruitment [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-17 16:32:34 |Display all floors
All mid-level management police positions in Chongqing will be declared vacant and the posts filled through open recruitment to ensure all future recruited officers don't have connections with local gangs.

Besides capabilities, officers' "political quality" are going to be tested, but no details about how it'll be determined was revealed. This made people wonder if the new recruitment rule is designed for political campaign, in which Bo Xilai, Chongqing party secretary, may replace the force with his own people.

I believe it's good for China to openly select officials but the details of the recruitment must be revealed to the public and accept people's supervision, otherwise, the mass may doubt about the real purpose of government's every movement, since many Chinese provincial, county and even village governments don't have good reputations among the people. The word "government" has more or less become a joke, for it's often be linked with corruption, graft and other scandals.

People applaused for Chongqing's anti-triad crackdown, but the government must do more to build local's confidence on officials. Crackdown is the first step, the following development is more difficult.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-17 16:34:42 |Display all floors
All govt officials should wear a tag that says 'i am not corrupt'.  Then if found out otherwise later, the end.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-17 16:42:14 |Display all floors

wetacos and Ilearnabc, .......

................ for your attention.

How come the Police officers are suspicious of having gang connections ???

That is a heavy weight statement that needs to be addressed.

Girls, all I'm trying to say is ......... before you stick your Chinese nose into my sewage, clean up yours.

Verstehen Sie ?

If we all think alike, ... then nobody is thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-17 17:38:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by duanyihong at 2010-3-17 16:32
All mid-level management police positions in Chongqing will be declared vacant and the posts filled through open recruitment to ensure all future recruited officers don't have connections with loca ...

I think Bo Xilai do a great thing by replacing all officials.

But from what I saw, China corruption already became a culture. We always bribe and give "gift". No one feel guilty about it.

This is sad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-17 17:39:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by duanyihong at 2010-3-17 16:32
All mid-level management police positions in Chongqing will be declared vacant and the posts filled through open recruitment to ensure all future recruited officers don't have connections with loca ...

But from what I saw, China corruption already became a culture. We always bribe and give "gift". No one feel guilty about it.

This is sad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 11:43:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-17 17:39

But from what I saw, China corruption already became a culture. We always bribe and give "gift". No one fee ...

I hope it won't be called culture as you said,"bribe culture" sounds funny for me.It isn't happend in China at all.Indeed if you do not have good relationship in government which  is difficult to find a good stable job for ur childeren for most of the chinese family unless u are too good that can compete among millions of application.when u want to bribe then u have to have strong guan xi in some higher official department.as Chinese like me,even I want to bribe that I do not know who and where to bribe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.