Author: expatter

Freedom of Speech is an Oxymoron. [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-2-22 20:11:21 |Display all floors
This topic in this thread is being monitored as never before.

Therefore, I will not discuss this analogy further due to the posts hanging on filters.

I repeat what I said before.

When an incident happens anywhere in the world it is unusual to accuse the government of being directly involved.

In this case I will admit that due to not being able to discuss it further, the example I used for the analogy was a poor one.

It seems that the authorities would prefer the status-quo as it is.

So be it.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-2-22 20:15:15 |Display all floors

seneca #61

I still wonder: Why do China's rulers and their media have the monopoly on foul language and lies, while anyone more mortal than they faces severe consequences if they turn the table on the political class?

.....................Could it be they see themselves as the Party elected leaders and the population as the citizens?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-22 20:56:10 |Display all floors

unhealthysms

Great example of this type of article.

Even the title has been semantically worded to mean something else.

It uses the word spy instead of the correct word informer.

It shows its bias by comparing paid Stasi agents against volunteers and then by showing that the numbers in China exceeded that of the Stasi.

In other words this evil State is even worse.

In the GLF many officials volunteered to outgrow and outwork their compatriots to show their loyalty and dedication to the Party.
It is true they didn't achieve it.

In the CR, again millions volunteered to become Red Guards and shop their friends and family out of loyalty and dedication to the Party. The result was a disaster.

In 2008 millions volunteered to help with the Beijing games and Beijing had 500,000 unpaid people who watched the streets to report trouble. The result was a very contained and safe environment.

The same happened for the 60th anniversary celebrations. Again safe.

This piece of quasi-news is typical of the trash used to programme the working class of Britain. While the Chinese police inspector naively and cheerfully tells the truth that people volunteer to report crime and it keeps the crime figures low. The newspaper then cunningly compares the situation to paid Stasi spies in East Germany and even claims China has more agents.

That is not news, it is biased propaganda and you are the one who is shameful for not being able to see the manipulation within the text.

Many Chinese actually like China and the Party and will go out of their way to support them.
Plus the rag mentions that financial incentives are available for achieving results.

But didn't we start that off.

Remember the reward posters for criminals?

A financial incentive to achieve a result in catching a criminal.

This article surely is a document created by a student from the Joseph Goebbels School of Information.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-22 21:04:21 |Display all floors

eso................

there exists no absolutes in the world........  but the principle is to be able to speak one's opinion without being put in jail (except the spread of hatred)

I did give an example of an absolute in post #1, but as usual you only read what appeals to you.

So wrong again.

And the second part of your post is a contradiction.

"(except the spread of hatred)"

Free speech is free speech or it is not.

You mean free speech with rules!

There, that is better, why didn't you just say it.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-22 23:45:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Baiquen at 2010-2-20 00:57
ZING!

I agree with expatter. Freedom of speech is a lie. Speech is always limited in one form or another in a society. Outside of society, if you are completely alone in a desert you can s ...

sorry I think this is nonsense, any government who is afraid of it's citizens right to freedom of spech then this is a pretty good indication that there is something wrong with the government ,
and not the people........

the government is in place to serve the people and it should be an honor
not the other way around.....

[ Last edited by esoteriksky at 2010-2-23 12:03 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-22 23:49:56 |Display all floors

eso...................

So why is a guy in England in jail just for printing a few pamphlets.

It is only words..............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-22 23:59:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-2-22 21:04
I did give an example of an absolute in post #1, but as usual you only read what appeals to you.
So wrong again.
And the second part of your post is a contra ...

it seems you cannot even understand a complex sentence, but it's difficult I understand for second language learners often have trouble with the
nuances of English.
Part one
there are no absolutes in the world....(except for the fact that there are no absolutes), which is a good example of the paradoxical nature
of the world, that is recognized by Buddhists (which single minded Chinese are attempting to assimilate)

Part two
the exception to freedom of speech is the destructive practices of spreading hate , the best example being the people who try to spread
lies  by saying for example the holocaust never existed,
or another good example by spreading racial stereo typing, and cultural slander , for example people like augusten , who introduces one thread after anther of anti American and anti Christian threads.

another example is ABC who from her own mouth called me "the enemy"
and introduces prejudice threads like that why do Americans lie ...when there are many ready available examples of Chinese lying, for example the normal practice of government officials being corrupt...or like Chinese government denying that they cyber attacked Google, or that they say Tai wan is part of China, when it isn't. Or that Chinese have the unGodly right to rule over Ti betian people , which of course they don't.

[ Last edited by esoteriksky at 2010-2-23 12:09 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.