Views: 26984|Replies: 139

China: Eating dogs or cats will lead detention [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-26 17:21:18 |Display all floors
The experts who are drafting an Law  of  Anti-mistreat to aninmal in China.
according to the draft of this law by experts, eating dogs and cats will be illegal and those who violate it will be held in dentention.

the violator who illegally eat or sell cats and dogs will be fined no more than 5000 yuan and be held in custody for no more than 15 days.; further more, the units or organizations where the violator is working will also be fined at the least 10,000 and  500,000 yuan at the most.

[ Last edited by tamson at 2010-1-26 05:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 17:22:57 |Display all floors

I just read the article, Tamson, just before your post

"Dog and Cats OFF Chinese Menu"

DOG and cat meat - age-old delicacies in China - could be off the menu in the food-loving nation under its first law against animal abuse, state press said today.

People who eat either animal, both of which are viewed as promoting bodily warmth, would face fines of up to 5000 yuan ($816) and up to 15 days in jail if the law is passed, the Chongqing Evening News said.

It said "organizations'' involved in the practice would be fined from 10,000 to 500,000 yuan. The report gave no other details.

The law has been at the drafting stage over the past year and the report did not make clear when the legislation was expected to become law.

China's rubber-stamp legislature meets in March but draft legislation can often take years to be approved, AFP reported.

Cruelty to animals and the raising of cat and dog meat for dinner tables remains widespread in China, despite growing consciousness over animal welfare.

Restaurants touting "fragrant meat,'' a euphemism for dog, can be seen in cities throughout the country, where the fondness for dogs as pets co-exists with a taste for canine meat.

Cat meat is most popular in parts of southern China and there are regular reports of animal lovers attempting to block trucks carrying hundreds or even thousands of cats to meat markets and eventually dinner tables there.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 17:23:50 |Display all floors

I still think toto would be tasty with fried rice

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 17:24:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2010-1-26 17:22
"Dog and Cats OFF Chinese Menu"

DOG and cat meat - age-old delicacies in China - could be off the menu in the food-loving nation under its first law against animal abuse, state press s ...

the point is that china has move another step forward to a more civilized society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 17:27:50 |Display all floors

What about RATS???

Originally posted by tamson at 2010-1-26 17:21
China: Eating dogs or cats will lead detention

Run for your life Kbay !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 17:28:03 |Display all floors
I really dont see what the problem with eating Cats and Dogs is.  If they are raised for said purpose then it should be allowed.  

The issue is with wild animals that are endangered.  Sharks, some turtles, and monkeys.

Dogs and Cats, hey whatever floats your boat.  I have had dog several times, Its not so bad in SK.  In China I was disappointed, but I have no problem with other people having it.  Even sharing a table with people who want to order it.  As for Cats, I dont know if I would want to try any.  But should it be illegal?  In my mind, if 1% of Chinese people want to eat dogs and cats, it shouldn't be illegal.  Minority rights.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 17:28:23 |Display all floors

China is a hub of civilisation

Originally posted by tamson at 2010-1-26 18:54

the point is that china has move another step forward to a more civilized society.

but if "fragrant meat" is banned, toto will be able to come to China and noone will eat him
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.