Author: antimatter

@@Interior Comparison of Chinese Submarine Versus US Sub @@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-31 01:07:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-31 00:20
Kiwi,

Well, affordability has been a big problem for the USN to begin with. These are, at least, less expensive than their standard far over budget projects. Frankly, I wonder how much of it has ...

A friend who knows about such things says that cost overruns aren't due to Congress per se. They're mostly due to the USn changing specs and requirements too often. The only time Congress is responsible is when they order, and fund,  a number of units, say the projected 55 LCS, and then it back to 35, thereby making the cost/unit more expensive. they say there is a "fixed" price contract but really, no such thing as inflation and so on always raise the cost of these contracts overall, like the F 22. I'm not sure, but will find out what the projected build of the Virgina class SSN will be, but eventually they're supposed to replace all the olde 688 class and some of the older 688/Is as well. I think the USN, a birdie told me, wants to remain at around 60 - 70 boats in the water, keep the 688s in reserve an dbe able to "surge aprrox 100 SSNs , 14 SSBNs and 4 SSGNs in times of trouble. Trouble is affordability as even ships/boats in reserve need maintenace crews on them but, you look up in Bremerton, WA at PART of the US reserve fleet there....quite impressive!
I'll include the link and remember, this was 2005. I can't give you the current pictures right now because it's classified, but, it's even more impressive. The funny thing up there is that it's not what you can see that scare you, it's what you can't!
http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/USNReserveBremerton/index.htm

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 01:07:35 |Display all floors
dang, my post is in the filter!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 01:29:47 |Display all floors
That's what you get for sharing advanced military secrets!!!
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 02:13:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-31 01:29

Lol, as if I would!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 06:12:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-30 09:29

Seriously! I couldn't begin to count how many of my posts are censored.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 11:26:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-1-31 06:12

Seriously! I couldn't begin to count how many of my posts are censored.

I never share censored info, that'd land me in prison for sure as I signed the official secrets act.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 11:26:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-1-27 22:39
i think the LISTENING device needs to have sophisticated analytical systems too....

imagine to detect the sound enamating from a host of creatures underwater, maybe isolating various sounds...

Ever heard of electrostatic interference and jammers?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ ... iefs-red-faced.html

Hell, that USS Impeccable wouldn't have needed to get so close to Chinese waters and that EP-3 wouldn't have needed to take the risk it did [if it's eve dropping gears was so hot] lP... Yes, the Germans were pioneers in AIP but I doubt it's behind the 093/094's noise reduction mechanisms...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.