Author: expatter

The Church and State Politics - Lest ye forget. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-17 17:06:52 |Display all floors

And I quite agree with this.....

Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-1-17 17:01

it is not about "belong".

The core question is, what would SHE have wished?

and the family actually did also. What was shocking is how little flexibiltiy was shown by that priest. Once again, it's not like a war took place, a few words and the family decided to stay away. I think it was right. I had known the woman before and I am sure she wouldn't had liked people arguing.

I am sure you know how special certain ocasion are for the traditional chinese; children's birthday, weddings and funerals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 17:11:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-1-17 17:01
it is not about "belong".

The core question is, what would SHE have wished?

Of course HER wish has to be respected, but as we read Longzhou's posting, it's not clear.

I was responding to Rudi's post that he insisted on the Christian way, denying the family's right. Typically Christian.

It's really sad to hear the story, for this kind of "Christians trampling on local values" already happened since the missionaries landed hundred years ago.
They don't bother to tolerate others and it's easy to predict what they will do if they have WMDs in their hand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 17:13:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-1-17 17:04
Both ideologies have a supreme party or leadership, one on behalf of the people, and the other on behalf of a mythical God.

That seems to be similar apart from the fact that people are real.  

That's it.

The god worshippers retaliate me when I brought the ugliness of their god, but they retaliate by attacking a mundane thing.
Since they lower their supernatural god to a mundane existence, then why believe in the fairy tale?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 17:24:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-1-17 17:11
Of course HER wish has to be respected, but as we read Longzhou's posting, it's not clear.

I was responding to Rudi's post that he insisted on the Christian way, denying the family's right. ...

I don't know if it was not clear. If she really was a Christian, then of course she wanted a Christian ceremony. That's just natural.

I don't know if we can speak about "the family's rights" here. It's the grandmother's will that has to be respected.

Apart from this, I can't say much to this because I don't know the Chinese funeral ceremony in detail. Of course in general, the relatives can mourn and pay respect in the way they normally do. If however, there are any ceremonies that are in contradiction with Christian faith, I think they should not be applied if the deceased was Christian, at least not in public. The same applies to Islam and other religions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 17:33:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-1-17 17:24
I don't know if it was not clear. If she really was a Christian, then of course she wanted a Christian ceremony. That's just natural.

I don't know if we can speak about "the family's righ ...

Most of the elderly that died away didn't know the Christian funeral way that forbid Chinese practice of where their offsprings pay respect using very traditional way. Many fights erupted because of the differences.

What I want to say is, first, the dead's wish have to be respected, but at the same time, why the Christians always insist that their way is the correct and and threaten that other than their way will be "enter hell"? Why can't accept some modification?

Modification, that's what Christians refuse to do and they think any form of change will be controlled by CCP or they will lose control over their follower's life. That's why I call Christianity is basically a control freak political cult. It has nothing to do with spreading calmness or morality in society.

Every nations want to set up their own churches and it's normal. Only when China ("the inferior sick man of Asia, non-white challenger") wants to set up own's church, the western supremacist staged a propaganda offensive stating that China is denying religious freedom.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-17 17:36:21 |Display all floors

Are Communism and Catholicism different or the same?

Both ideologies have a supreme party or leadership, one on behalf of the people, and the other on behalf of a mythical God.

Therefore, they both consist of a leadership Party.

In addition, neither Communism or Catholicism use democratic methods to establish their leadership hierarchy.

Communist people's do not vote for their main leaders and it is the same for Catholics.

So, both have an unelected Party leadership.

The same so far.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-17 17:41:19 |Display all floors

Preist-FriedrichCoch.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.