Views: 7311|Replies: 28

Recent posts censored by CNN. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-16 15:00:01 |Display all floors
I think I'll start a collection the posts CNN censors. I notice they don't censor me when I say trivial things, or give my best wishes for a reversal of fortune for those suffering from bad news. They never censor me when I agree with their article. Oh, but disagree.. that's another matter. Apparently, the other side of the story, or anything like a counter point isn't welcome.

" CNN welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service."

But even when I follow the stated rules, there is an extremely biased system of censoring many posts that are not slanted pro-west. It almost seems as if there is a government propaganda officer reviewing flagged posts and deleting the ones that are most harmful to our kings.

That's fine. CNN is not the only news source that censors. All western Media except NPR has lost credibility over the recent years. At the same time, Eastern news sources have gained more and more respect. Even Aal Jjazeera has enjoyed the increasing faith of world opinion. NPR is a non-profit news agency. And apparently, since they're not owned by those who run things in the west, the news isn't required to be slanted pro-west.

There is one more news source with increasing credibility in the west. That is the Daily Show. In fact, the Daily Show is the most trusted name in news, and it's a comedy show billed as "Fake News". How sad that journalists owned by our ruling families can not measure up to the truthfulness of a comedy show.
PewBelievabilityTrends.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-16 15:54:23 |Display all floors
Deleted by CNN after gaining "liked" votes:

Muslims still hate us? Is it because we support apartheid in Israel? Is it because we bomb their oil rich countries from time to time? We should get credit for not bombing all Muslim countries, we only bomb and invade when oil is involved. We have made more than a million Muslim orphans, but to our credit, it works out to slightly less than one million widows. And don't forget we have killed less than 1 million women and children in our recent bombings in the middle east. We've been so kind to these people. We let them live right? Why don't they love us? Terrorism is great job security for Washington and pentagon insiders. It's great for our war industries. It's not great for us, but it's great for our leaders. So it will never end. If we wanted it to end, we'd stop inspiring it. There are lots of peaceful countries that don't worry about terrorism because they don't push Muslims constantly against the wall for decades. In contrast, we support unpopular kings in places like Saudi Arabia and we support Apartheid in Israel. That makes us hypocrites and shows that our hyper-aggressive activities abroad really have nothing to do with spreading democracy or encouraging peace. We spread instability and we cause endless war. It's really beneficial for our rulers, but it has been costly to our economy and to our moral standing in the world

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-16 17:02:58 |Display all floors
Only news which takes the public eye away from the west is acceptable.

Even if it is purely speculative.

And innuendo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 06:34:01 |Display all floors
Many Americans have a hard time seeing the Muslims point of view and know very little about history. The main stream news media in America doesn't help educate and presents a very biased view of the Arab/Israeli conflict. Americans want to believe that their country is basically good and don't want to believe that it does bad things.

It's hard for them to face the fact that America is responsible for the death of many Arab men/women and children.The US government: played a part in the overthrow of Iran's popular Prime Minister Mohammed Massadegh, propped up the unpopular dictator the Shah of Iran and supports the Israelis even when they abuse the Palestinians. When you honestly look at history it's not hard to understand why many Arabs dislike the Americans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 17:33:43 |Display all floors
Why on Earth do you even care what CNN does or doesn't let you do on its forums?
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-24 13:05:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-17 17:33
Why on Earth do you even care what CNN does or doesn't let you do on its forums?

Oh that's an easy question. Um... because I post there? And because CNN speaks to my fellow Americans and invites us to have a conversation there. Then it is very alarming that they guide our perceptions with carefully slanted stories and they censor critical counter points of view. By posting a record of which things they have censored, we can see that the posts deleted were not against the rules, but only against the direction CNN is spinning the story.

If we see that of all deleted posts, 100% of them are offering a counter point of view. This raises the important question, "is CNN one-sided?" If the answer is "yes", then we know CNN is a propaganda weapon disguised as a news source. That's dangerous and people don't like being manipulated -- especially when their own tax dollars pay the PR agencies that write the scripts. The big question is, "Are CNN and it's kin intimately controlling perceptions?"

Maybe you think you already knew the answer. However, I need to look more carefully before I come to conclusions. That's just my habit. I assume there must be other people out there that need even more data than I do to form a conclusion, so I collect that data. It's an interesting hobby for me.

It's amusing to see posts that say "SHUT UP!" and "Traitor!" And "get a clue you MORAN, ur so dum!" Such posts are not deleted. Red, White, and Blue posts are never deleted. Any post that agrees with U.S. action is not deleted. Compelling posts that might invite a counter point of view are sometimes deleted.

I'm easily amused and I find it fascinating to watch changes occur in the auto-filter at CNN, it tells me real people are tweaking the system constantly. I can track which posts with a counter point start catching a wave of popularity before being deleted.. did it take 2 hours this time? No, 20 minutes. They've got me flagged, I'm a star. I've found that individual threads are handled separately and have different censor staffs. Not all of the people at CNN are sensitive to CIA matters for instance. On the other hand, whole stories have been re-rewritten and the forum closed on carefully crafted propaganda items whose purpose is direct and prioritized.

It was also amusing to see the immediate changes that occurred at CNN when I posted, "Every time I get censored here I post the message on foreign websites". That got their attention. The pot has been calling the kettle "black" for a long time, and they are a little shy about their own color being exposed. Some people are a little sensitive.

[ Last edited by Morgezuma at 2010-1-24 01:45 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-24 13:24:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Morgezuma at 2010-1-24 13:05
It was also amused to see the immediate changes that occurred at CNN when I posted, "Every time I get censored here I post the message and on foreign websites". ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.