Views: 14149|Replies: 40

Kung Fu Panda 'humiliating' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-16 13:27:24 |Display all floors
By Qin Zhongwei (China Daily)
Updated: 2009-12-16 09:54

Animated comedy Kung Fu Panda is humiliating for China because it successfully sold Chinese culture to the world but was created by Hollywood, an animation forum has been told.

Ouyang Yibing, vice-chief of China Animation Association, said Kung Fu Panda, which was a global hit with audiences, was the perfect example of how successful a Chinese animated figure could be.

The Zhongguancun Forum of Animation and Comic Industry between Beijing and Taipei was told that China lacks a cartoon figure that has global appeal, like Mickey Mouse in America or Hello Kitty in Japan.

"Unfortunately, it is our US counterparts, and not us, who made this terrific presentation and showed their deep understanding of Chinese culture. It is a humiliation," he said.

Fennie Chen, secretary-general of the Taipei Animation and Comic Alliance, said the mainland and Taiwan were collaborating on the creation of a Chinese animated character.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/life/2009-12/16/content_9186261.htm
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 12:57:28 |Display all floors

Reply #1 yuan_zcen's post

100% agreed!

not only the American Regime copy from China, they stole ideas from Arabs, Indians, Javanese, Japanese, Africans, Europeans, and created fantasy characters as well!

no joke!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 13:00:20 |Display all floors

Reply #1 yuan_zcen's post

How can, in this way, opening up part of China's culture etc to the world being humiliating? I think that it shows a certain amount of respect (for the cultures of China) and because it was years ago, or so, it's not worthy of mention anymore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 13:11:17 |Display all floors

Reply #3 exportedkiwi's post

The American Regime also copy British cultural icons too!

so, it's just not China being humiliated, even the English get part of the damage!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 13:41:42 |Display all floors

Reply #4 greendragon's post

They're only humiliated in your eyes my friend, not in the eyes of so many others. These Chinese folks are too sensitive and as the worlds eyes turn to China, more of this will happen. Time to get used to it or isolate again......sorry, my friend, but this is the harsh reality of modern times and China is coming to the game late, crying wolf far too often and will go too far (in this way) one day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 13:56:15 |Display all floors

Reply #5 exportedkiwi's post

yeah rite!

I still remember the incident of the "Rock n Roll Radio ship off the British Isle", England just couldn't get use to American Domination then! It was a bloody mess, Irish fellas were dooming British Coal Mines to oblivion, non stop strikes to dismantle British Industrial base.... etc.

You know what i say, if you try to.....
People were really dispirited all over the commonwealth hearing all the mess UK was in...

You know, we grow up with dose of British History, Robin Hood, Captain Cook, Travels of Darwin, Industrial Revolution, Tales of two cities........etc.

come on..

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-17 13:59:07 |Display all floors

Reply #6 greendragon's post

I know what you mean but disagree. As long as culture is spread positively and non-violently, who cares how it's spread?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.