Author: UYA

China students are the best?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-14 18:44:59 |Display all floors
Please comment on why this is possible for Chinese students and IMPOSSIBLE in the US?

Just because the good reason that if every people on this earth was the same, it would e boring, no? so 2 US student couldnt accept such life, and aybe in other countries, it could be 1 maximum in half this space.
This is called "culture difference" and that is what make the world a little more interesting. We understand that you certainely want to express here an hidden racist ide about how good are X and how bad are Y, but , at least, please, make serious comparizon and dont ask people to explain why apples are different with potatoes....
social tolerance is different in different country, and you can not generalize concept like violence from isolated example, even many example are not enough, also, you give an utopic visin of chinese dormitory wich is wrong, may I remind you that there are crimes, suicides and violence even in chinese dormitories? open any newspaper, you will see this at last once a week...I could ask you why so disciplined student give a society where queuing at the railstation seems to be an impossible mission too...but I dont like such details because everybody here use them to express racism.

On CD forum, we usually learn more about the poster than on the post subject itself (most member think that copy a wikipedia article give them respect...LOL)...

So the good question is : why it is choking for you that a fact from another culture is different and negative in your own culture? is the society evolution always negative for you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-14 18:54:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by learner1 at 2009-12-14 18:40

maybe.
Chinese hasn't got as rich life as USA. so there must be several chinese students have to live in one room.
USA ? may one student take possess on one room. I dont; know, but educatin sp ...

you are totally right

students are  young people, learning and having also a behavior proper from their age
having fun, sharing good time and also fights, that is normal and it happen anywhere in the world

that it doesnt make good or bad students

as per one student per room, as i know minimun is two in a room but i never said one per room

maybe rich universities , i dont know

but one more time

fights in dorm room with classmates is normal and it doesnt mean are good or bad or best students

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-14 18:56:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2009-12-14 18:44

Just because the good reason that if every people on this earth was the same, it would e boring, no? so 2 US student couldnt accept such life, and aybe in other countries, it could be 1 maximum ...

as i said before

missconception UYA is still learning how to create fuss against other cultures in this forum

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-14 19:32:45 |Display all floors
I have the experience of living in a room of 8 people in china and the experience of living in a double room in the UK...

i think there is a great difference: china is a colective country and in western countries people are more individual
chinese people like to live with other people but western people like to live alone with no one disturbing them.... thats why in china you depend on your relationships with other people to succeed and in the west you depend on your own individual capabilities to succeed...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-14 19:52:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ziggy_wz at 2009-12-14 19:32
I have the experience of living in a room of 8 people in china and the experience of living in a double room in the UK...

i think there is a great difference: china is a colective country and in ...

Much as you educated in UK, I hardly agree to you. You may disunderstand either China or western.
If there will be a cood condition, any student from any country would like tive individual rather than many persons in one room. But if you have to live in multiprole per room you would learn to get use to it.
If you fight all day long now do you study? where is freindship? The most important How will you get along with your colleagues when you join works after graduate?

If you don't get along with your colleagues, how do you work in company? how do you lead others to make success?
No matter how you are rich, you have to learn to live with others. There are many stories in USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-14 20:07:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ziggy_wz at 2009-12-14 19:32
thats why in china you depend on your relationships with other people to succeed and in the west you depend on your own individual capabilities to succeed... ...

This is not fact, In fact, the western countries are very pay attention to relationship. Just look at their company, if you hve an acquaintance inner, you can easily enter that company. But in China, you have to compete. In spite of our chinese alway execute a subtile influence on nepotion.

I was told even in USA, YOU CAN hardly have it made if you would have not relationship.
that's why so many society cycle web sites pop up.

I alway amaze at it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-14 20:33:40 |Display all floors
it's normal to have 6 boys living in a same dorm room.

But imagine when one of them just take off the shoes and the acidic smell of the socks run throughout the room.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.