Author: antimatter

@@ 3 Main weapons that can hold US Navy in check @@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-10 18:52:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2009-12-10 22:27
9/11 was,as we all know,an inside job.

That's right. But the OBAMA admin, like its predeccessors are all puppets.

9-11 Truth cannot be discussed.

But some day the American people will know the truth when the powers withholding it are overthrown.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-10 22:00:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-12-10 18:25

at Mach 10, any "maneuvering" capability would be lost.  The warhead would have to go straight forward at a very predictable course in order to hit the target.  I am still not so sure a ICBM can hit a ship that is moving.  Most balistic missiles have a 1000m circle, better ones have 100m, 10m could be possible but in order to hit a ship that is moving you might need 1m accuracy on a stationary target.  When the warhead is going at Mach ten it is very difficult to be precise and thus makes hitting a small target difficult

You should head out to the Aberdeen proving ground in Maryland and see what the US has developed against cruise missiles.  Last I checked which was a while ago people there were claiming to have 100% survivability against cruise missiles by using explosives in the water to create a wall of water that would disorient or destroy any incoming missile.

Hitting the US's bases in Guam would be difficult, the island is a fortress and it cant be sunk as easily as a ship.  Most of the structures are hardened and would require very heavy bombardment to take out.  The simple solution would be to nuke it, but while that tactically might work stratigically it would be a disaster.

Manuvering comes in during the mid phase when the missile is outside the atmosphere.  So far majority of the SM-3 kills were coming from mid phase.
When you shoot something at something is moving, then aim for location where you think the moving target would be , not where it is currently.

Cruise missiles can easily destroy airfield, your F-22, F-15, B-2, B-1would so totally grounded or getting destroy when they become sitting duck due to inability to take off.

[ Last edited by antimatter at 2009-12-10 10:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-10 22:13:59 |Display all floors
Also when the missile is MRVd then it contain multiple warhead, one of the warheads  could be electromagnetic pulse bomb exploding mid air, that could ruin electonics  CEP of 100m is no issue and the other conventional warhead missed at worse case scenario .

[ Last edited by antimatter at 2009-12-10 10:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-10 22:25:36 |Display all floors

Hm... let's see if the mods are still awake...

... P.R China is most dependant on oversea oil from the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Africa - especially to fuel all those planes, tanks, ships, and other vehicles needed to mount a sea bourne invasion of Ta!wan.  To that end - it is important to the PLAN that the P.R. Chinese merchant marine (i.e. the Fuel Tankers) much be protected.

Enter the "Silent Service", and a very quick end to ANY naval campaign for the PLA at this juncture.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-10 23:43:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2009-12-10 22:25
... P.R China is most dependant on oversea oil from the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Africa - especially to fuel all those planes, tanks, ships, and other vehicles needed to mount a sea bourne  ...

military conflicts should only confine to military, if you across the line and hitting chinese commmercial interests. then here's following retaliation

1) Give weapon grade uranium and missile delivering tech to iran
2)Give nuke weapons to al quada to perform suicide attack on US interest
3)Give nuke weapons to the Hugo Chavez
4)Give nuke weapons to the lebanon.

That should give you something to think about.   :)

yeah, sure, China can end the fight but someone will pick up the proxy war for China.

think about it, if China get involved with US in a war, at most China would only want to destroy a few US ships, planes but some other people on this earth might want to end your western civilization.

well, tradervic, you have been sitting on your fat ass all day and munching on donuts, sometimes you lose your perspective all together.

[ Last edited by antimatter at 2009-12-11 12:10 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-11 00:18:05 |Display all floors

<laughing> Please...

Originally posted by antimatter at 12/10/2009 10:43 AM
military conflicts should only confine to military, if you across the line and hitting chinese commmercial interests. then here's following retaliation

... the history of naval warfare is repleat with the destruction of commerical and merchant fleets - especially to cut a nation off from vital supplies.  As it stands - P.R. China does not have the naval power to conduct a campaign against Ta!wan, or that matter Vietnam or the Phillippines in the South China Sea dispute.

While some choose to fixate on certain elements of naval warfare (i.e. carriers) - the more experienced view the entire field (i.e. how to contain merchant marine, how to combat invasion fleets, how to bottle up coastal ports, etc. etc. etc.)

As for the rest of your scenarios... I figure that Russia would take a very cautious stance if P.R. China decided to attack Ta!wan, because it's relations to Mongolia.  The same would be said for India.  That would eliminate a good portion of land routes to the Middle East.  As for air and sea routes... <smile>  would not be surprised to see a great many ships and plane suddenly being interned for the duration of the conflict.  As for the Internet... snip, snip of the cables.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-11 02:27:08 |Display all floors
pakistan , burma mean anthing?

anything, I like how you only answer only the top portion, and leave the main one unanswered.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.