Views: 3851|Replies: 3

Could money buy your love, if you were Mrs. Tiger Woods? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-7 13:52:58 |Display all floors
Money Will Make Everything All Right... Especially in Tiger's World
December 4, 10:23 PMReno Conservative ExaminerKelly Anderson Wright

Just when you thought the Tiger Woods scandal couldn't get any worse, it does.

Golf superstar Tiger Woods is reportedly in multi-million-dollar negotiations to persuade his wife to remain in their marriage after allegations of his infidelity surfaced. Gerald Posner of The Daily Beast reported on the details of the possible settlement, which starts with a five-million dollar lump sum payment now to Elin Nordegren.

Tiger hopes to buy his way back into the marriage, by bribing his wife to stay married to him. Why? So he can look like the respectable, faithful, family man we all thought he was? Who's he kidding?

Certainly not his fans, the public or his sponsors, not if he has to pay his wife to stay. Apparently, Tiger is too young to remember the Beatles lyric, "Money can't buy me love," but he's acting like it can.

One has to ask, on what planet are Tiger and his team of advisors living? Do they really think all of us mere earthlings will look at Tiger and Elin together and believe they're actually happy? If Tiger's offering up a yacht load of cash money, there must not be much love left on her side. No one can blame Tiger's humiliated, intensely private wife for wanting to bolt.

The new agreement reportedly would give Elin $55 million if she stays in the marriage for two more years.  In return, she's reportedly required to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

So for a ridiculously large sum of mo' money, Elin just has to stay married to Tiger for two more years and not talk about the settlement, or Tiger's transgressions, in bed and elsewhere, we presume.

Doesn't this strike anyone as being a bit perverse? Even Julia Roberts' character Vivian in "Pretty Woman" knew the difference between being "kept" in a penthouse and being with a man who truly loved her. In the end, she didn't want Edward's money... she wanted his heart and soul, or nothing.

Tiger seems to think a financial renegotiation is the "right" thing to do, to save his skin, his reputation and his endorsement dollars. His actions make him seem even more depraved and despicable than before, when details of his numerous transgressions began to surface.

And what about Daddy Tiger's reputation in his children's eyes, when they are old enough to hear the truth, or read about it?

Someday Sam and Charlie will find out that daddy paid mommy to stay married to him. Uh-oh.

Online polls show wildly opposing opinions about the relevance of Tiger's fall from grace. The fact that there is no common consensus is a sad indictment on the moral decay prevalent in today's world.

When did our society become so money-driven, corrupt and depraved, that Tiger or anyone would think money can take the place of love, truth and loyalty?

There's a reason money is called, "The root of all evil." Looks like another lesson Tiger needs to learn.

Money is the root of all evil, and yet it is such a useful root that we cannot get on without it any more than we can without potatoes.  Louisa May Alcott

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-7 15:30:41 |Display all floors
A libidinous man is a libidinous man regardless of money.  Tiger is a sex addict and needs professional
help.

Men from every class use prostitutes and they always have done, many of them are married and STAY married they just never get found out.

The squeaky clean ' family man ' image is shattered forever no matter what he does.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-9 05:08:40 |Display all floors
I will be greatly insulted if I have a husband and my husband give me money to stay at home and extend the marriage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-11 15:02:20 |Display all floors
I think Tiger is finished as a golfer, the press are slaughtering him.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.