Author: learner1

What is the True America ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-12-3 10:17:27 |Display all floors
Glacier National Park
glaciernatpk.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-3 10:29:36 |Display all floors

Haven't been reading toto's and buddy's posts?

Originally posted by huang262 at 12/2/2009 08:25 PM
I've spent 7 years in Sydney, Australia and I'm not interested to go to the US at all. What is there to see? Suburbs, freeways, skyscrapers, fast-food restaurants, etc etc. There's also the risk of getting shot by some mad man or run over by a driver who's drunk or stoned.

I'd rather go to Europe!

According to them, Europe is just as bad or worse.

As for the rest of your crack - seeing that you spent 7 years in Australia, and apparently never left Sydney - it seems that your ability to travel or camp out at places like Yellowstone, Isle Royale, or various beaches of the Great Lakes, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Northwest, or the Coastal Islands of the Atlantac is out of the question?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-3 10:33:45 |Display all floors

Come to think about it...

... it seems that eyeofgod/Morgezuma sounds like another "city slicker" who hasn't seen anything but city streets and shopping malls as well Huang262.  <smile> Then again, how many people that come to this BBS can honestly say they have lived in the countryside?

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-3 10:34:15 |Display all floors
The Heartland
theheartland.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-3 10:37:12 |Display all floors
it seems that your ability to travel or camp out at places like Yellowstone, Isle Royale, or various beaches of the Great Lakes, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Northwest, or the Coastal Islands of the Atlantac is out of the question?

got it covered, TV. I've been feverishly posting pics of said places as well as a history of the parks service -

has yet to clear the filters...

Carry On!!!!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-3 10:42:34 |Display all floors
Ft. Pickens is on the North Gulf Coast on the panhandle of Florida
SunsetatFt.Pickens.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-12-3 10:43:48 |Display all floors

Now there is a handle I have not heard in a while...

Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 12/2/2009 05:16 PM

Not too long after I joined BBS, I came across a post written by a forumite by the name of karenb.  Understood she is an American and works as teacher in China.  She too moves her enitre family to China and one of her reasons - she wanted her children to grow up in a better environment.

... karenb - remembered her sparring matches with northwest (who I believed thought she was another U.S. spy).  As for that crack about the family... you have a clue which thread she said that in?  Seriously, doesn't sound like her...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.