Author: anne_anne

Can we leave atheism to non-believers? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-10-31 18:38:31 |Display all floors
On the way to a completely uniform mankind ?

After achieving the elimination of all religions to establish universal atheism - (which cannot be done)

what comes next ?

I am also for peace and harmony among people, but is it something great to achieve, to make everyone become the same ?

How boring ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-31 19:16:02 |Display all floors
Who said anything about making everybody the same ?   You're jumping to conclusions, we ARE all different regardless of religions but without them there would be a lot less grief in the world.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-1 01:41:40 |Display all floors

Keeping quiet

Originally posted by hehaiting at 2009-10-28 13:04
i just keep silence about it!1

Darling, NOT making a thread is keeping quite about it !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-1 03:27:25 |Display all floors
"I can understand agnosticism but atheists-they have no more proof for the non-existence of God than believers have FOR his existence so it would always seem to me to be wise to err on the side of caution."

In other words you follow Pascals wager. The huge flaw in that, if I saw there is a flying Spaghetti monster that created everything and can't be disproven or proven and if you don't believe you go to hell, would you believe me? Even if I said you should err on the side of caution, would you believe me? This can then be applied to any idea at all.

Generally, believing something to be false until it is shown to be true is the correct way of doing things as opposed to believing something is true until it is proven false. Otherwise we would spend all are times saying what isn't and never saying what is.
Defender of sanity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-1 22:00:56 |Display all floors
No one can prove that God exists. Everyone can prove that he does not exist.

Don't believe me?

Can anyone, right now, ask God to appear.

All those long. confusing arguments that God is this, that or other are a lot of crap.

No one who have died, decayed have every come back. Of course some people may quote the "Jesus story", but that was just a baseless story.

"What I'm saying is, if God wanted to send us a message, and ancient writings were the only way he could think of doing it, he could have done a better job. [Dr. Arroway in Carl Sagan's Contact (New York: Pocket Books, 1985), p. 164.]"

[ Last edited by Fookchew at 2009-11-1 10:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-1 22:08:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ragerancher at 2009-11-1 03:27
"I can understand agnosticism but atheists-they have no more proof for the non-existence of God than believers have FOR his existence so it would always seem to me to be wise to err on the sid ...

The funny thing is, that atheists are also "believers".

There should be one more category in between the atheists and the religious people.

That neutral category would be those who admit that they do not know !

But for most people it is a kind of "face-loosing" thing to say "I do not know!"

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-2 00:22:16 |Display all floors

Preaching

Originally posted by ragerancher at 2009-11-1 03:27
"I can understand agnosticism but atheists-they have no more proof for the non-existence of God than believers have FOR his existence so it would always seem to me to be wise to err on the sid ...

You are the one preaching about it. praying. defending what you beleive in but cannot prove.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.