Author: Morgezuma

UN determines Israel committed War Crimes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-9-30 02:33:25 |Display all floors

List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2008

This is a list of 2008 rocket and mortar attacks on Israel, by Hamas and Palestinian militants from the Gaza Strip. This was part of a rapidly escalating attacks by Hamas on Israel. Until the ceasefire in June 19 2008 2378 rockets and mortars were launched. This is more than the 1,639 attacks launched in all of 2007, the rate of fire per month had increased more than 240%. A six-month 2008 Israel–Hamas ceasefire was agreed to by both sides and began on June 19, 2008.[1] Rocket and mortar attacks still continued throughout the cease-fire although less frequently than before the cease-fire went into effect. A total of 20 rockets and 18 mortars were launched from the signing of the ceasefire until the beginning of November. This represented a 98% reduction in rocket fire four and a half month period prior to the signing of the ceasefire during which over 1,800 rockets were fired from Gaza.[2] On November 4, the Israeli military attacked a cross-border tunnel on the Gaza side, killing two Hamas gunman. The resulted in rocket and mortar attacks and subsequent Israel Air Force strikes on launching sites and killed an additional four Hamas gunmen. Israeli officials allege Hamas was constructing a tunnel to be used to abduct Israeli soldiers.[3] Following this event the number of rockets fired from Gaza escalated, 125 being launched in the month of November. This page lists rocket attacks on Israel by Palestinian militants. According to the Israeli military's count on December 27, 3,000 rockets hit Israel since the beginning of the year.

A total of eight people were killed by Qassam rocket, Grad rocket and mortar attacks on Israel in 2008. Four of these deaths occurred between 27-29 December[4][5].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lis ... t_attacks_on_Israel,_2008

If everybody are thinking alike ...... then ...... nobody is THINKING.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 02:45:41 |Display all floors

At 02:33 I submited a summary of all rocket and mortar .......

.................. attacks perpetrated on Israeli civilians by the terrorists from Hamas.

As a result of these attacks Israel launched a war against Hamas on the last days of Dec. 2008.

On the last weeks, Hamas is escalating its attacks again.
Our defense journalists (usually quoting unofficially what they "hear" from the military leadership) understand that what the Hamas is doing is "testing" to what extent Israel is ready to respond and fight back..........

[ Last edited by rrhonda at 2009-9-30 02:56 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 02:53:05 |Display all floors

Morgezuma, what else is contained on the ................

........................ UN commision report?

Does the report say anything else relevant and interesting..................................... in relation to the Hamas?

I know the question and I also know the answer. I'm just curious to read YOUR balanced response ................at China Daily ............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 02:54:59 |Display all floors

""""That won't deter me from visiting Jerusalem and the still-Israeli-held Golan Heights shortly. """

Wellcome.
Spring is the best time to visit Israel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 03:17:51 |Display all floors

Cripes...

Originally posted by rrhonda at 9/29/2009 01:54 PM
That won't deter me from visiting Jerusalem and the still-Israeli-held Golan Heights shortly.

Wellcome.
Spring is the best time to visit Israel.

... now I am having flashbacks to the Michael Moore film - "Roger & Me" (for those that have seen the film, you will know which part I am talking about).
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 04:58:50 |Display all floors
The UN report did condemn Hamas too but mostly Israel. Hamas may keep up rocket attacks but Israel is just as guilty in keeping a blockade on the Gaza strip. It's pretty amazing really, both sides say the UN report is biassed against them. Why can't both Israel and Hamas grow up and accept responsibility for their actions? You could say they are both as guilty as each other and no one on either side would accept it.
Defender of sanity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 08:13:11 |Display all floors

Updated report of Hamas bomb attacks on 2009

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.