Author: petera

A modern dystopian novel   [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2009-10-5 20:04:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2009-10-5 13:40

Petera I am having an opinion that Larrydu is one of your ghosts. He speaks more like you.

Are you bored of ranting alone


Don't you have anything better to do, such as nodding your approval to your master's racist diatribes?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2009-10-5 20:25:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2009-10-5 19:44
David Stannard mentions the author of the Wizard of Oz in "American Holocaust".His name I think is Frank
Baum.I think he may have been the driving force behind the 1891 Wounded Knee mass ...


The only way wars of conquest can be profitable is if their gains outweigh their costs.

The Spanish empire collapsed mainly because of simple economics- the cost of maintaining it was greater than its benefits.

Perhaps the U.S. should have read up on some Spanish history before trying to implement its ill-considered PNAC policies in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2009-10-5 22:19:29 |Display all floors
Petera wrote:
>The English colonists were in America more for the lebensraum than for the gold though they found some in California,Georgia and elsewhere.]]

Yeah, I do recall that the American focus on space - territories - inspired Hitler's Mein Kampf. It's true that Baum's call for genocide was related to the Wounded Knee massacre, but the forces that made it happen would be those in powerful positions in the American political hierarchy.

Baofeng wrote:
>Perhaps the U.S. should have read up on some Spanish history before trying to implement its ill-considered PNAC policies in Iraq and Afghanistan.>

The gain would be enormous if the long-range goals could be achieved. Such goals include control of oil from the Caspian Sea, Middle East and Central Asia, and military dominance in the underbelly of Russia and China. From there pressure could also be placed on China's Western regions, forcing China to bow to Western dictat. But man proposes, God disposes: grand strategies often have a way of getting lost, with disastrous consequences to those who seek global hegemony.

It's because of the transparency of their goals that the imperialists have resorted to outright lies in their international diplomacy. The best way to tide through their present aggressions is to divert the world's attention to other countries. Thus while they're conducting extermination campaigns in the Islamic countries they would finance a few dissidents living in uncooperative nations to conduct riots and then magnify those riots as much as possible. The lovers of democracy and human rights want the world to forget the murdering and wounding of a million Iraqis and Afghans, the enforced starvation of tens of thousands of Palestinians living in Gaza, and so on and so forth.  They would accuse other nations of gross human violations while they cheerfully go about using depleted uranium in the Middle East, and planning to conduct a nuclear holocaust over Iran. Such plans could be stopped only when their people realize what's going on, who's behind the current recession, and what the common citizen could do to prevent a worldwide catastrophe. It's necessary, therefore, for the people of both East and West, North and South, to come together to stay the plans of those who would destroy the world in order to satisfy their greed for wealth and power.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2009-10-6 05:14:46 |Display all floors
Petera wrote:
>The English colonists were in America more for the lebensraum than for the gold though they found some in California,Georgia and elsewhere.]]

Yeah, I do recall that the American focus on space - territories - inspired Hitler's Mein Kampf. It's true that Baum's call for genocide was related to the Wounded Knee massacre, but the forces that made it happen would be those in powerful positions in the American political hierarchy.

Baofeng wrote:
> ......Perhaps the U.S. should have read up on some Spanish history before trying to implement its ill-considered PNAC policies in Iraq and Afghanistan.>

The gain would be enormous if the long-range goals could be achieved. Such goals include control of oil from the Caspian Sea, Middle East and Central Asia, and military dominance in the underbelly of Russia and China. From there pressure could also be placed on China's Western regions, forcing China to bow to Western dictat. But man proposes, God disposes: grand strategies often have a way of getting lost, with disastrous consequences to those who seek global hegemony.

It's because of the transparency of their goals that the imperialists have resorted to outright lies in their international diplomacy. The best way to tide through their present aggressions is to divert the world's attention to other countries. Thus while they're conducting extermination campaigns in the Islamic countries they would finance a few dissidents living in uncooperative nations to conduct riots and then magnify those riots as much as possible. The lovers of democracy and human rights want the world to forget the murdering and wounding of a million Iraqis and Afghans, the enforced starvation of tens of thousands of Palestinians living in Gaza, and so on and so forth.  They would accuse other nations of gross human violations while they cheerfully go about using depleted uranium in the Middle East, and planning to conduct a nuclear holocaust over Iran. Such plans could be stopped only when their people realize what's going on, who's behind the current recession, and what the common citizen could do to prevent a worldwide catastrophe. It's necessary, therefore, for the people of both East and West, North and South, to come together to stay the plans of those who would destroy the world in order to satisfy their greed for wealth and power.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2009-10-7 19:53:20 |Display all floors

The future

So we will have a world of permanent war.Something like Orwell's,but far more deadly.The World
government is omnipotent,but needs carnage to maintain itself.It has the power that Columbus and
Cortes and Pizzaro and Washington and Jefferson had over the "Indians".It needs the oil and land the
Islamic world has.And lets face it.A turkey shoot is fun.All we can do is bury our heads in the sand and
hope it's not our turn next.We could go out and watch the gay parades that are now ubiquitous.If we feel
hungry we can grab a burger made from the meat of a hundred animals pumped full of antibiotics.Fed on
Genetically Modified  corn their digestive systems were not designed to handle.We will be tracked by
hundreds of surveillance cameras.We can go home and watch,strangely enough,Big Brother or whatever
the networks are tittilating the sheeple with these days.There will be commercial breaks and "news"
breaks.On which we will be told about gays and terrorists and other fictional characters.Bread and
circuses were what the Romans gave the proles to keep them fed and distracted.We will have pizzas and
football.A great advance.Though more and more bizarre fare is now being broadcast.Stuff that reminds
us of the horrors of the Colliseum.Women's bodybuilding and Women's boxing.How far will they go ?We
will never walk the surfaces of distant planets,or make poverty history.We will however be bombarded with
labour saving devices we will have to labour to afford.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2009-10-8 03:46:36 |Display all floors
Petera, from your statements about permanent war, I guess you're a reader of this website: http://www.itszone.co.uk/  In a sense, permanent war isn't surprising, especially if we're to accept the idea that life is about struggles. Yet it cannot be denied that, for all its ups and downs, the average person in most parts of the world IS generally living better than his counterpart from, say, the Middle Ages or even as recently as a hundred years ago. That the human condition can degenerate to something worse, however, is also unquestionable.

So far, some of us, at least, could see what's behind the massive load of disinformation that has been the staple diet for the "sheeple." Demystifying the mass media, then, is one way to fight back. Anticipating the next moves of the powers-that-be would be another thing we could do. Knowing how imperialists love to project their behavior - past, present, and future - on their targets will also help dilute their propaganda. For example, whenever a superpower says that some nation's military is scary to its neighbors, let us think about the neighbors of this very superpower. How many invasions had the superpower conducted against its neighbors for the last 50 years? A hundred years? How does the military buildup of a targeted nation compare with the superpower, or the clients of that superpower? Which nation had historically used the weapons of mass destruction that it so frequently accuses others of having? Which nation possesses military bases all over world, on the presumption that only it - the superpower - has the right to have "interests" all over the world? If we can help the average Joe or Ali or Nakamoto to combine facts with logic, we would've taken a significant step towards making the struggle for a better world a more plausible enterprise. Sure, it's still an uphill drive, but that's better than doing nothing, better than just waiting like lambs for the slaughterhouse.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2009-10-8 19:28:01 |Display all floors

Progress

Larrydu,You say that the average person is "better off" than his medieval or 19 th century counterpart.I am
not so sure about that.As someone who probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for antibiotics,I think
that is a doubtful proposition."Progress" is just an avalanche that sweeps us along whether we like it or
not.And before we go any further I must point out that life expectancies in Africa are dropping rapidly.Due
to what I am almost certain is biological warfare.

The Native Americans and the Indigenous Australians like all neolithic people had sustainable lifestyles.
They did very little damage to nature and to each other.The West that exterminated both is also destroying
the planet.We don't know how much longer we will survive as a species.

The tinkering with nature and with human nature has gone far enough and the long term effects are likely
to be disastrous.More later.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.