Author: wanzheli

SOS:should I study French? Thanks and Merci! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-25 10:16:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by luly13 at 2009-8-24 19:17

I am french and IF it's not ur purpose to go to France
u don't need to speak french,
it's better for you to improve ur english level ......

Vous etes francais? Le francais est une belle langue!

I am not proud enough and arrgonant, but I was working in a multinational office for a year and I hole Business English Certificate Higer, there are quite a lot of people whose English is better than mine, but to use English as a working language, I am very confident that I can !

I will keep imrpoving my English ,but it is no longer a competitiveness source for me .
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 13:56:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2009-8-25 10:16

Vous etes francais? Le francais est une belle langue!

I am not proud enough and arrgonant, but I was working in a multinational office for a year and I hole Business English Certificate Hige ...

so if u think that french language could help in  ur job prospection and especially in ur business relation with Africa ,
so just do it ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 14:00:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2009-8-24 16:36
I have not been here for a while and a lot of things happened. And that's a long story.
Now French is preferred if not required on my current job, but studying a foreign language means a lot of ti ...

Its better you learn European languages that has huge following. English, French are the leading ones. Spanish is also a good option as it has huge following in Latin American countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 17:07:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by luly13 at 2009-8-25 13:56

so if u think that french language could help in  ur job prospection and especially in ur business relation with Africa ,
so just do it ...

If you are French, you should very well know that if French is widely used and thus worth learning.
If people on the Europe mainland can speak very good English and they are also willing to do so , then it would be a waste of time to study French.
Merci beaucoup!
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 18:52:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2009-8-25 17:07

If you are French, you should very well know that if French is widely used and thus worth learning.
If people on the Europe mainland can speak very good English and they are also willing to do  ...

yes iam french comme je te l'ai dit.
if u are dealing with european customers,
it's better to use english
belgium, and most of north european countries use english for business relationship with China, Pakistan ,bengladesh and so on...

If u are dealing with African countries , i know that many of them use french language but if  they are dealing with asian countries ,
they will use english.
it's really crasy to travel to Asia if u can't speak english and only french ...
A translator will be useful.

For international trade , english language is compulsory ....

according my own experience and for my business  , I only speak english and a little chinese when it's possible...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 18:54:04 |Display all floors
We arrogant frenchies use to say: english is language good for business, french is  language for culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-25 18:57:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2009-8-25 18:54
We arrogant frenchies use to say: english is language good for business, french is  language for culture.

:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.