Views: 10655|Replies: 41

Are you satisfied with your boss? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-18 13:29:09 |Display all floors
I am so puzzled these days!

I am working in a UK company, pls do not think it is a big WFOE although the boss is really a foreigner. I fact, there is just 2 person in my company, one is the manager and the other is me! Usually, the boss visits our office no more than 4 times one year.By the way, the manager and I are both Chinese people.

Normally, most of you may think I must be working very relax and comfortable.

Because there is no complex interpersonal relationship and the boss is so far away from us! But ……
I am not sure whether my thought is too simple or my manager’s is too complex. In my mind, I think we are both the employee, and we are working here just for getting salaries from the boss every month and there is no competitive relation between us. It is obvious that I am just a common white collar and she will be the manager of this small WFOE until it is closed some day.
I think if one of us has some personal things need to deal with, just tell the other and to do it! All the things will be going on very well in the case that we do not delay the working.(In fact, there is really less business to let us to do).It is really not necessary to be very strict to obey the working time in the day time because UK’s colleagues are in their dream at that time. In fact, I come to office on time every morning and my manager usually come to office on the mid-day, but one day, when I went to office, the bus had some mistakes and could not move at all, so I called her and told her that I will be a little late because of the bus, but she is very unhappy and do not believe me and said “why you can meet this coincidence?!”

I really do not know why most of the managers are so enjoy in embarrassing their underlings.

It is my managers holidays last week; she should be enjoying her rest time, isn’t it?

It is Tuesday last week, it is still the first day that my new house’s decoration. I need to buy lots of decorated materials with the decorated foreman, I did not go to the office that day (I know there is no business to do that day) and I did not tell may manager about my absenteeism(I think she is on her holiday so did not call her to say that). When I came to office on Wednesday, I found there was a paper being adhere to my computer said: “why not coming here today??!!” My god, I really do not know why she still came to office during her holiday time!

I received her call on that day. Of course got the merciless criticism! I told her the reason, but can not be understanding and my manager said it will be regarding as my absenteeism and she will deducting my salary on that day!

Why so unkind?! I remember very clearly that when she decorated her house last year, she was often not in office!!

She finished her holiday this Monday, and I say hello to her very friendly, but she did not talk with me the whole day!

I really do not know how to deal with the relation ship between us, still can not understand why so serious and formal for 2 person’s company!

Dear friends, do you satisfied with your boss ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 14:21:13 |Display all floors
sorry
you are a ant ,she is a lion.this is the answer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 14:29:00 |Display all floors
Im afraid that sometimes bosses do not think that they should lead by example.
They are trash bosses. A boss should be a leader not an overseer with a whip.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 14:57:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Janice1214 at 2009-8-18 13:29
I am so puzzled these days!

I am working in a UK company, pls do not think it is a big WFOE although the boss is really a foreigner. I fact, there is just 2 person in my company, one is the mana ...

fortunately my boss is nice and gentle, once i have some private affair to deal with, i would tell him in advance and mostly he may say it's OK.
it's not polite for me to judge your boss because i don't work with her and know her well. but i think you should let her know you would take a leave in advance no matter she is on duty or on leave. try to think this standing her position, as a manager, it's reasonable and necessary for her to know whether you are on duty or on leave, if her boss ask her, what her should to say...

anyway, as office worker, boss pay the money for us, we should obey the company policy and boss' will and arrangement unless you want to quit this job. how to maintain the nice relationship with colleagues and boss is an art, you should learn this much more, good luck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 15:03:28 |Display all floors
a PEAK will be acting

between the underdog and the top dog~~

who will win the golden medal?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 15:10:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by allenmiao at 2009-8-18 14:57

fortunately my boss is nice and gentle, once i have some private affair to deal with, i would tell him in advance and mostly he may say it's OK.
it's not polite for me to judge your boss beca ...

I am thinking about this case these days!

You are right! I know that I should let her know it, and I have apologized for it and she have deducted my salary, why still so impolite to me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 15:11:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hardluck2008 at 2009-8-18 15:03
a PEAK will be acting

between the underdog and the top dog~~

who will win the golden medal?

It is really not a good idea!

can you do it with your boss?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.