Author: augusten

Did MI5 kill Dr David Kelly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-9 18:00:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 18:02:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2009-8-9 17:51
Augusten, you are arguing this like it is a playground fight. Telling the teacher: "He started it first". Yes, the west criticize the Chinese on lack of transparency in government. You take this transparency in the UK and use it to criticize the UK and dress it up that they need to be reminded that they are not holier than the Chinese.  ...

This is not playground.

This is a real world and I take bible's "an eye for an eye" seriously.

To state that the west is the perpetrator and the Chinese defenders is a rather one-sided view. Have you not read any of the political essays written over the last 60 years - the entire basis for the Chinese modern political system was built on criticism of the west and their ways... and you say your criticism is only a reminder that we should not criticize?!

I'm able to differ between constructive criticism or supremacist-based condemnation.

Look at my thread "western media bias - cases and examples".

Our criticism mostly based on, stop interfering into our internal affairs, because it harm China's interest.

Without some measure of transparency how can you have real accountability? The really stupid fact if the Kelly affair is the naivety that British Intelligence (Buddy35 would describe that as an oxymoron!) thought they could get away with it. With British journalism, which is certainly by no means perfect, there was almost no chance that this would not come to light.

It already came into light.

But as I say, this will become a taboo that won't be touched, because those silencing Kelly is still out there.

The fact that you choose to ignore my points about lack of transparency in government here and hence lack of accountability, where whistleblowers are never praised but quite the opposite are re pressed, where journalists are told not to report, where lawyers are jailed for defending those that challenge the government...tells me something. You say, I am in no position to criticize. But defending (staying silent) your government in policy decisions like this i.e.su pressing whistleblowers/investigating journalists then using Dr. Kelly
who was a whistleblower, using his story to criticize the UK government...that is just getting ridiculous.

I suggest you to read Chinese BBS and see how Chinese scold and criticise the government.

Ordinary reporters maybe not enough to reveal corruption or ugliness in every layer of society, but the netters already have enough influence to scare away corrupt officials and their illegal act. We are developing fast, but not within western media's preferred path, that's why they continue their condemnation such as we stand still.

I can't help but feel that sometime you think 'all animals were born equal - except China'. No one can criticize China because they also have skeletons in their own closet.

I criticise in Chinese BBS, just feel don't need to translate it into English and post it here.

The issue of environment degradation and especially education are some of my favorites

But then you reserve the right to criticize others - only to remind them they have skeletons?

Partly true.

Also to make them awake, they are not holier than us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 18:09:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2009-8-9 18:00
And you say the media only touch on the small tiny matters?...

Yes, I said so.

Their media won't touch the most taboo subject or pursuing the justice of:

1. Who owns US Federal Reserve and how it's against US constitution.

2. The concentration of US media in the hands of small group of people and how it manipulate US public opinion.

3. Why every US president must sided with Israel not Palestine. (you know what will happen to them if they defy this)

4. Who groomed/ financed Osama bin Laden and why the culprit has not yet punished etc etc.

Those issues... will remain be empty issues, for if anyone dare to bring that issue to justice, you know what will happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 18:09:12 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 18:11:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2009-8-8 11:12
Amazingly, 12 other well-known micro-biologists linked with germ warfare research have died in the past decade, five of them Russians investigating claims that the Israelis were working on viruses to target Arabs. ...

Kissinger ever said:

The most dangerous thing after being a US enemy is, to be a US ally.

How true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 18:15:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2009-8-9 18:09
OK. The answer me this. Who started it and when?  ...

The western media.

Since they think China is a potential challenger to their supremacy position in this planet.

So you admit that (though improving) there is little transparency in government here.

There's still room for improvement.

You admit that whistleblowers/journalists who expose corrupt/unethical government actions here are gagged.

There's still room for improvement.

Then you choose to use an example of a whistleblower who was gagged (by murder) by the UK government to remind the west that they are supremacists?

No, I remind them to mind their own business and clean their own dirty backyard before preaching about sanitary here.

Are you aware of how this makes you look?

I can't control how others look at me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-9 18:18:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.