Author: satsu_jin

China's amazing new bullet train system   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-13 14:26:43 |Display all floors

Reply #40 Exergy's post

In the USA, airline pilot are just like BUS DRIVERs.....

and are paid not much more than a bus driver in Los Angeles, as far as i heard, the  TRADE UNIONs there, politics created the high pay! US$50,000 a month!!!! no joke in comparison to airline pilots pay of US$65,000!

Bus drivers gets to go home everyday! Not Airline pilots, only air stewardess whore for companion!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-13 16:13:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2009-8-13 15:26

and are paid not much more than a bus driver in Los Angeles, as far as i heard, the  TRADE UNIONs there, politics created the high pay! US$50,000 a month!!!! no joke in comparison to airline pilots pay of US$65,000!

GD,

How long does Your month last?   One year?

American pilots' salaries, depending on years of service, type of aircraft flown and company they work for, earn between 50,000  to 250,000 U.S.$  per annum and not per month. As for bus drivers, I have no idea but guess that their monthly salary is somewhere between 2,000 to 4,000 U.S. per month. If you know a company with conditions similar to those that you've mentioned above, please let me know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-13 16:16:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-8-13 16:13

and are paid not much more than a bus driver in Los Angeles, as far as i heard, the  TRADE UNIONs there, politics created the high pay! US$50,000 a month!!!! no joke in comparison to airli ...

Bus drivers, well all heavy vehicles drivers do get a pretty good wage in the US, between 13-20 dollars an hour but the job is no picknick

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-13 16:32:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-8-13 17:16

Bus drivers, well all heavy vehicles drivers do get a pretty good wage in the US, between 13-20 dollars an hour but the job is no picknick

So my estimate for bus drivers was correct.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-14 11:22:11 |Display all floors

Vietnam eyes Japanese bullet train system

N   H   K

Vietnam is expected to adopt Japan's shinkansen bullet train technology for a planned high-speed service linking the country's 2 main cities.

Vietnam's government-affiliated railway corporation concluded by Thursday that the Japanese system is safer and more convenient than high-speed technologies from France and Germany.

The plan is to build a 1,600-kilometer railway linking the capital city of Hanoi in the north, with Ho Chi Minh in the south, in about 6 hours. The trip currently takes about 30 hours.

Vietnam has been sounding out the possibility of obtaining Japanese government assistance to fund part of the construction cost of about 55 billion dollars.

It has also been in discussions with Japanese railway firms, which are keen to take advantage of the opportunity to promote shinkansen technology worldwide.

Vietnam is aiming to launch the new railway in 2020.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-14 11:35:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-8-14 11:22
N   H   K

Vietnam is expected to adopt Japan's shinkansen bullet train technology for a planned high-speed service linking the country's 2 main cities.

Vietnam's government-affiliated railway ...

OMG that would be awesome, it takes soooo long to get from Hanoi to Saigon.  It says 30 hours, but most trains do it in 44 or 49.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-14 13:32:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Exergy at 2009-8-14 12:35

OMG that would be awesome, it takes soooo long to get from Hanoi to Saigon.  It says 30 hours, but most trains do it in 44 or 49.

I used a train once from Hanoi to Hue which is located some 850 km south of Hanoi. It took me 17 hours, more than an intercontinental flight from Shanghai to New York.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.