Author: satsu_jin

China's amazing new bullet train system   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-10 17:46:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-8-10 17:26

Simple, and only fools ask for this sort of clarification:

France and Germany possess the relevant technology and experience in ,anufacturing and operating such trains whereas Usania does  ...

That's not the information I was asking for. I specifically asked for the German network and I found it on the web (see below and the attached map):

Cologne–Aachen high-speed railway (upgraded line, 250 km/h)
Cologne–Frankfurt high-speed rail line (new line, 300 km/h)
Erfurt–Leipzig/Halle high-speed railway (new line, 300 km/h, under construction)
Frankfurt–Mannheim high-speed railway (new line, 300 km/h, in planning)
Hanover–Berlin high-speed railway (partially new line, 250 km/h)
Hanover–Würzburg high-speed railway (new line, 250 km/h)
Mannheim–Stuttgart high-speed railway (new line, 250 km/h)

Nuremberg–Erfurt high-speed railway (partially new line, 300 km/h, under construction)
Nuremberg–Munich high-speed railway (partially new line, 300 km/h)
Karlsruhe–Basel high speed line (new line, 250 km/h, incomplete)

Max. speed 300 km/h  on some lines - usually 250 km/h  and several are still under construction.
450px-ICE_Network.png

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-8-10 18:45:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-8-10 17:26

Simple, and only fools ask for this sort of clarification

That makes it two of us but I don't enjoy your company.

The Chinese will probably soon ,eet the limit of high_speed development in China dcxue to high costgs and affordability for Joe Public to travel by said trains. For the purpose of taking passengers away from planes these trains willo be doing an excellent job but they will not in the foreseeable future become the ,eans of transport of choice for the migrant masses.

Did you ever count how many of your gloomy predictions about China ever came true? I didn't count them, there are too many, but my guess is almost none.

Cheers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-11 00:50:33 |Display all floors
German ICE 3 MF (max 368 km/h) and french TGV Pos (>320km/h). They're rolling between Frankfurt and Paris since 2007 - the trainline allows 320km/h at some sections.
800px-Tgv_ice.jpg
Minds are like parachutes: they only function when they're open.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-12 12:41:24 |Display all floors

Reply #26 satsu_jin's post

That means a trip from Hamburgh to Berlin will only take 1 hour?

ha ha ha

I think you mean TOP SPEED of 250km/hr, NOT THE AVERAGE SPEED, average speed is probably 160km/hr!!!
Domestic airlines would in future only be small 30 to 50 seater turboprops since trains are so much more efficient!

Saves a lot of KEROSINE imported from LOW STATES!

ha ha ha

Green DRAgon
GAme Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-12 12:44:57 |Display all floors

Reply #28 Kbay's post

EXACTLY.....

Distances in China is so much more compare to Europe!
In the United States, they find it cheaper to FLY, that's the reason why they concentrate on planes why Japanese, Koreans, Europeans does the HIGH SPEED TRAIN!

But the Northeast corridor in the United States would do well with some high speed trains to solve the CONGESTION of the air space!!!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-12 12:49:16 |Display all floors

The bulk of rail would be within hub cities in the supercentres!

....and whenever viable connection between supercentres, we need to PASSENGER VOLUME to justify the COST!!!

1 km of high speed rail track must cost MILLIONs of Rmb to construct!
and in China we are talking about a few thousand km of tracks between super centres!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-12 12:58:48 |Display all floors

Reply #30 greendragon's post

GOT TO GO TO GERMANY to try out those super high speed train.....

I tried Japanese trains that goes to maximum 250km/hr for short periods on the Osaka to Tokyo shinkansen.
and tried the Chinese trains in Shanghai to Nanjing, Suchou, Hangzhou, and Hong Kong to Guangzhou trips!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.