Author: sweetpeas

poorly made in china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-30 14:37:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by terryfoy at 2009-7-30 04:52
I haven’t read this book – but with the experience of a UK retailer (I had my own business and ran a retail outlet.  I am now retired).  I can claim to have come across both sides of the coin.

what you said is right! but not denied there really  exsit some fakes made by manufactured factory.and the quality not accord its price.
I believe i can fly,I believe i can touch the sky!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 15:00:40 |Display all floors
In the past ten years or even few decades years,the commodities made in China equal the fake and lower quality.Now the quality of  the merchandises made in china is becoming more and more but things never be getting perfectly,the terrible goods still exist but do a very long existence.We couldn't help asking ourself why it is.In my opinion,the solution of this problem includes two aspects.one is something that this is a inevitable phase in the developing process of the market economic.the other is something that the humanistic quality of business men still need to make a qualitative change.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 16:28:39 |Display all floors
why do  nike and   adidas  set up  their     factory  in  china ?because  of  high  quality  and  low  cost!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 18:21:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sweetpeas at 2009-7-30 02:26
According to a new book, Poorly Made In China (published by Wiley & Sons), manufacturers in southern China cannot be trusted not to mess with product ingredients and quality. Nor can the Chines ...

maybe there are some products are produced in low quality ,but  there is the fact the foreigners like exaggerate things with ulterior motives!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 18:48:54 |Display all floors
tomcampbell
Three montahs ago, the simili leather chair sold in Europe, it was not a lie, it was 50 peoples that irremediably lost their back skin after a serious allergy caused by highly dangerous chemicals in the simili leather, also, boots, not  to mention toys...and all we know the controlled products are just a little part of all the products. By letting such things, china shot in its own feet,because there is now a massive tendancy to refuse chinese product due to this problem: have a look on taiwan: taiwan  is already became a high tech country, but most people will refuse to buy made in taiwan product due to the past problems...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 19:19:56 |Display all floors
What the book named?  
I just want to read it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-30 20:19:57 |Display all floors

Poorly Made In China

The book is called "Poorly Made in China". I just read it and found it a very thorough and thoughtful analysis.
The author is writing about chinese products that are made for EXPORT, not domestic consumption. And he makes the point that the foreign importers (especially US) are partly at fault because they always want the cheapest price. But the Chinese manufacturers are at fault too, because to keep their prices down and still make a big profit, they use poor qualilty materials, sometimes even dangerous materials, e.g. paint containing lead on children's toys.
The book is not propaganda to divert foreign purchases to India or other places. It is an attempt to get Chinese and foreigners working together for better quality.
PS - Why southern China? Because that's where most of the export manufacturers are.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.