Author: tianyuanedu

Need for a forum on world religions. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-26 05:18:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Aleh1811 at 2009-7-26 03:17

Don't make me laugh. Threads are deleted at daily bases in this forum.

I agree with this. That's why I seldom engage in threads dealing with certain taboo subjects in these forums. But that has nothing to do with the forumites, nor even possibly with the moderators. That probably has more to do with PRC law. So I dont think there's much eitehr we or the moderators can do about that. This is even beyond the modertors' power; they're just doing their job as per PRC laws I'm sure.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-26 05:55:34 |Display all floors

Reply #23 tianyuanedu's post

Yes, basically this is what I meant. Will it be workable?

Just not to forget to be nitty-gritty I dare to point this "In it, you could ask questions, discuss, and even be critical." No need for the word EVEN, as a normal discourse inevitably contains critisism or it is just a form of clap clap.

Same for "or even whether there even is a God".

----
As to some sarcasm included frequently, ..sarcasm is the worst type of humour ...

...but usually the most damn hillarious!!!

So lets bet when will the new handle Iwillreportu come...

[ Last edited by doberman at 2009-7-26 05:58 AM ]
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-26 06:05:04 |Display all floors

Ha ha ha ha

'm sorry , I can't stop laughing...ha hah aaa, when I recall that famous thread named something like "Thread for unlimited bashin'" or something like this by Zglobal and how one forumite began to attack one girl not knowing it is she not he...ha haha

Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-26 09:34:09 |Display all floors
Mr Tianyuanedu, are you really WChao37?

After I posted a thread suggesting you are WC,  two threads got deleted. Those two thread have nothings against religion, race or nationality. Just comments on racist members. No rude words or other mean word except for the word "racist" and whether "he's paid to be racist against the whites". So it shouldn't be deleted.

On another thread, I was commenting on how impressive WC's ghost are compared to Chairman's ghosts.

I was saying WC patiently grows them over the years and give them a unique personality. When he attack Chairman, he has very good reasons such as a person standing up against abuse for the good of humanity. Another ghost seems to be a little harsh on an old man and seem to insincerely support wowow.

Chairman's ghost are disappointing. They have similar personalities as him.

I got a good feeling this won't be deleted, otherwise it'll be too obvious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-26 09:44:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tianyuanedu at 2009-7-26 05:18

I agree with this. That's why I seldom engage in threads dealing with certain taboo subjects in these forums. But that has nothing to do with the forumites, nor even possibly with the moderator ...

Mr Chao, I never hated you but I must say you are very cunning pretending to be the nice Mr Tianyuanedu.

When did you have the power to delete threads?

You deleted a thread perhaps for revenge for commenting on your ghosts. That thread has no abuse on religion/race/nations/ . Just commenting on racist members and the only bad word I remember using is the word "Racist".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-26 10:08:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by constance6891 at 2009-7-26 09:34

After I posted a thread suggesting you are WC,  two threads got deleted. Those two thread have nothings against religion, race or nationality. Just comments on racist members. No rude words or other mean word except for the word "racist" and whether "he's paid to be racist against the whites". So it shouldn't be deleted.

On another thread, I was commenting on how impressive WC's ghost are compared to Chairman's ghosts.

I was saying WC patiently grows them over the years and give them a unique personality. When he attack Chairman, he has very good reasons such as a person standing up against abuse for the good of humanity. Another ghost seems to be a little harsh on an old man and seem to insincerely support wowow.

Chairman's ghost are disappointing. They have similar personalities as him.

I got a good feeling this won't be deleted, otherwise it'll be too obvious.  

No, I'm not Wchao37.

I believe the reason for the impression among many that I am Wchao37 is that he and I have had many discussions in the forums on topics concerning language and cultural policy, and though we may not agree in details, we generally agree in principle at least in many cases.

Now why I would choose to have an open dialogue with myself other than to flatter myself is beyond me, but even if I were Wchao37, the best thing anyone could then do, seeing that they could neither prove nor disprove whether I am Shao37 or not, would be to treat each of us as separate users anyway.

Yes, i agree that Wchao37 has been a little harsh on occasion, but since he hans't posted in this thread yet, that should still be an issue for another thread.

As for posts and threads being deleted, join the club. You'll notice that I seldom participate in discussions concerning China's minority ethnic issues simply because they usually get deleted. This is why I tend to limit myself to expressing my more pro-China stances or, if I do make a more critical commment about China, I usually try to limit myself to topics that are not too critical, as I've noticed that any critical stance on minority ethnic issues seem to be very taboo in this forum. This by the way is among the points on which I suspect Wchao and I certainly do not see eye to eye (though I could be wrong). And again, the fact that I tend to avoid such topics increases the chances of general agreement between me and Wchao on certain topics.

By the way, I don't think it's appropriate so speculate as to whether X is a ghost of Y or not, as such specuation can risk poisoning the embience of the forums. Even if I have such suspicions about a particular user, I generally keep it to myself and treat each user on his own terms regardless of my suspicions.

And on the topic of religion, I have no issue with taking a critical stance towards religions at all. My issue is simply with promoting hate and prejudice against them and their adherents. It is possible to not believe in a religion and take a critical stance towards it without being offensive. It's in the choice of words, in tact and wisdom.

By the way, I'm not a mod in these forums and so have no more power here than any other user, just to clarify. I hope this answers some of your questions.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-26 10:13:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by constance6891 at 2009-7-26 09:44

Mr Chao, I never hated you but I must say you are very cunning pretending to be the nice Mr Tianyuanedu.

Oh my, I'm flattered. You truly do have a sweet tongue... sorry, I meant sweet fingers since you'r not talking but typing.

When did you have the power to delete threads?

Never.

You deleted a thread perhaps for revenge for commenting on your ghosts. That thread has no abuse on religion/race/nations/ . Just commenting on racist members and the only bad word I remember using is the word "Racist".

No, I did not erace any of your posts. Now I have no way of either proving whether I am Wchao37, so instead of wasting my time trying to prove to you whether I'm Wchao37, I'll simply give a more practical piece of advice:

Since you can neither prove nor disprove whether I'm Wchao37, your best move would simply be to treat each user on his own terms, irrespective of any suspicions on your part.

By the way, is Wchao37 a moderator? I don't know.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.