Views: 8533|Replies: 52

Why is Transformer 2 so popular in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-29 14:33:18 |Display all floors
The US blockbuster "Transformer 2" is a hit in mainland's cinemas now. It has been estimated to earn 200 million RMB in its first five days, broke the record of "Titanic".

I think the reason is that most of the cinemagoers are post-80's who watched the "Transformer" cartoon in their childhood. Almost all of us post-80's know the series because watching TV programs was one of the most important entertainment activities for us. Do you have the same feeling with me?
transformer-2.jpg
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-29 20:16:47 |Display all floors
Simple:
1) What other choice they have? Only warner bros village...
2)Violence, stupidity, special effect yeah, it"s cool! all these young dumbs says th same, waiting for tranformers 3..

Lest remind a thing: nw the culture is a simple equation: Holliwood plan 12 blockbuster a year: and everybody are so happy to see these craps. Oh, it still remain other low budget, but people usually very happy wwatching them too....

Here is a selection of movies (old and new) that have been considered as excellent by cinema critics who usually dont watch Holliwood garbage: how many of them have you seen?

-The guava season
-A night after the war
-Scream of the ants
-Dersu Ouzala
-Rice people
-Moolade
-the vertical ray of the sun

....Tell me frankly, what is your feeling after watching transformer, terminator or other? who dare tell it's interesting? Oh, OK, all of us working so har, we need to watch violence to de-stress.....panem and circenses, as roma peoples used to say.....2000 years have gone and human are still so disgusting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 14:32:47 |Display all floors

Transformer is very popular in China and in real life

I know one old man who transformed in Sissy in this forum

[size=-2]someboy knows where is Augusten? :lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 16:13:12 |Display all floors
2T now is ubiquitous~~...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 16:36:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hardluck2008 at 2009-6-30 16:13

2T now is ubiquitous~~...

???????????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-30 16:36:44 |Display all floors

Sorry

but i am  atheist

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-2 07:44:54 |Display all floors
I loved the cartoon growing up. I heard this second installment of the series seemed rushed but I will still rent it when it comes out on DVD.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.