Views: 3814|Replies: 12

Anglos, Chinese and Muslims enthnography [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-6-28 20:27:31 |Display all floors
Much has been written in this forum about Anglos, Chinese and Muslim ethnography.

Anglos being people originating from England, Chinese as people originating from China, and Muslims as people being from Muslim countries.

There is a continuous barrage about the despicable Anglos, and that there is not one of them who is not a liar, murderer, thief and a cheat.

Conversely, much has been written about the Chinese in how they are all the kindest, wisest and most honest people in the world.

But what about Muslims? I see much written about who might be one and who might not be one.

My question is therefore:

Can Muslims be stereotyped in the same way as Anglos or Chinese in that they are either all good or all bad?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-28 20:34:59 |Display all floors
The stereotyping of the Anglos has their origin mostly in the Muslim fraction.

But I believe that the Muslim World would kick the butts of those here in the forum who claim to represent them.

They are a disgrace to the Muslim World.

Most of the "conspiracy creators" come from the same persons - with the aim to whitewash the crimes of Taliban, Al Qaeda, and Adolf Hitler,

and put the blame on the Anglos.

At the same time they are trying to form one row together with the Chinese (but not all Chinese like it).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-28 20:36:51 |Display all floors

Outpouring

Haven't you seen Darrell Coleman's endless torrent of hate against Arabs and Muslims.Something
staright out of the third Reich.He now has a lap dog called Manure who spews Islamophobic hate like his
master.There is also Braunschirt,SS Jin,Ass Ass In,Wanker and many others.The NWO needs an enemy
to justify massive expenditure on arms and Islam is that enemy.Oceania is at war with Islamia.Oceania
has always been at war with Islamia.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-6-28 21:44:17 |Display all floors
Thanks

Post #2 seems to state that there may be a minority of Muslims and supporters who are bad.

Post#3 seems to state that there is a minority who say Muslims are bad. Not sure about the Oceania idea as this refers to Australia and New Zealand.  I lived in New Zealand for 6 years and never felt any problems relating to Islam, in fact the integration there is probably the best in the world.

At least that is two points of view.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-28 21:45:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-28 21:50:18 |Display all floors
Good Thread, thank you Expatter.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-6-28 22:09:31 |Display all floors
There is a continuous barrage about the despicable Anglos, and that there is not one of them who is not a liar, murderer, thief and a cheat.

Most of these statements come from a group of people that are non Chinese, either by ethnicity or citizenship.

Conversely, much has been written about the Chinese in how they are all the kindest, wisest and most honest people in the world.

Expatter, I believe that there are many anti China/Chinese statements all over the board. I don't want to call names but believe that you're well aware about it.

My question is therefore:

Can Muslims be stereotyped in the same way as Anglos or Chinese in that they are either all good or all bad?

My fair answer is No, they cannot. Muslims are no ethnicity, they come from different parts of Africa and Asia which are sometimes more than 10,000 km apart (Mauretania, Indonesia for example).

They're also not all bad. As with any other group of people there are big differences between real religious muslims and extremists, Islamo fascists. It was discussed several months ago somewhere else, I believe that less than 2% of muslims are fanatics and extremists. Then there are cultural differences between the Middle East and countries like Indonesia, Malaysia. In Indonesia, in spite of the Bali terrorists, most muslims do NOT belong to any fundamentalist group.

Unfortunately the impression that one can have from this board is that fanatics are a majority although that's not the case in real life.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.