Author: zhoupu

Kill all dogs in the city!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-8 03:39:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by luly13 at 2009-6-8 03:22
The WHO reports that there still have 30 000 victimes all around the world because of the rabies not because of dogs , fow but also because of bats...

so my a ...

right,

in fact most rabies is caused by other anmals like chipmunks ,squirrels, raccoons, possums, bats, mice, rats, etc...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-8 04:18:44 |Display all floors

Assassin: Good points Good ideas

But for the future. Not for an emergency.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-8 21:28:42 |Display all floors
Egypt slaughtered all their swine, regardless of if they were infected or not at the outbreak of the Swine Flu Pandemic 2009 even though it was HEAVILY ADVISED that they posed no risk to humans or the spread of H1N1 in Egypt.

With the government-mandated slaughter under way, Egypt's Health Ministry declared Saturday that "Egypt is free of the swine flu." [http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORL ... ig.farmers.protest/]

However this was not scrutinized heavily by animal rights activists. It can be seen as a country preventing the spread of a disease and to do that, they had to destroy livestock.

EDIT: lol that first picture posted by the OP is epic haha

[ Last edited by Another_Person at 2009-6-8 09:36 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-9 13:12:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-6-9 12:39
Egypt did slaughter pigs, but how did they kill them?

Clubbing animals to death is a barbarous method only known to dog slaughterers in the Far East (not exlusively to China).

If there does  ...

I believe the primary reason for culling these dogs are to prevent the spread of rabies. ie. there is a disease spreading, and unfortunately these people do not have the luxury of alternative methods of extermination that the Egyptian government had.

While on the other hand, Egypt slaughtered all their pigs, even against all advisement, for the simple reason to prevent a disease that spreads by human to human, not swine to human. The original case of swine to human infection has already started and the danger of pigs travelling on planes to infect other pigs elsewhere is unlikely. Egypt had no reason whatsoever to slaughter all their swine. The actual case of Human Influenza infects and kills more people yearly than the swine flu ever will, which highlights the severity, or lack of, the current situation.

[ Last edited by Another_Person at 2009-6-10 01:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-9 23:15:43 |Display all floors

Reply #78 Another_Person's post

Shoot them. More humane! Suffering is always wrong!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-10 12:29:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-6-9 12:39

Clubbing animals to death is a barbarous method only known to dog slaughterers in the Far East (not exlusively to China).

If there does exist a 'rationale' for such an atrocious manner of killing animals, then why isn't it popularly known?

Are these dog butchers simple heartless ogres that don't even need a monetary incentive to go about their grislybusiness?

You criticize without regards whatsoever of the consequences. You are advocating the death of humans so that scavenger dogs can live a little longer. What would have been the consequences had no swine been killed in Egypt? No one would have died as a result. The same cannot be guaranteed of the example situation in China. Also the levels of representation are overlooked. The culling of swines occurred on a national level, advocated by the Egyptian Government. All the evidence that are being presented in this case, are a bunch of villagers chasing dogs, the assumption was made that they were clubbed to death. How in this case, do those villagers (most likely not recipients of a higher level education) represent any kind of authoritative response. If this was the Chinese Government advocating such methods of extermination, then I can understand your argument.

Many Western allies commit equally, if not worse, atrocious crimes against humanity, but it is very often overlooked and a blind eye is turned. Instead they turn their focus to trivial issues in non - Western countries. ie. Saudi Arabia stoning women to death for adultery. I think this is a considerably larger issue than the one you so blindly assert.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-10 14:13:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Another_Person at 2009-6-10 12:29

You criticize without regards whatsoever of the consequences. You are advocating the death of humans so that scavenger dogs can live a little longer. What would have been the consequences had ...

The article is not about killing scavenger dogs (I don't think a lot of people would have cared about that). The article is talking about Chinese mobs breaking into people's homes and beat their family pets to death. Surely you have to agree that something like that is pretty hardcore...

Killing the pigs in Egypt was completely unnecessary, and no doubt an economic disaster for many Christian pig farmers (the whole thing was clearly political). However, you can't compare this to having your home invaded in the middle of the night by ten complete strangers smashing your pet to death in front of your kids...

I'm no huge dog lover myself (I like dog soup but that's pretty much it), but even I have to say that this is completely unacceptable. How can anyone in their right mind even try to defend it?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.