Views: 4922|Replies: 3

how to express it in chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-3 21:04:42 |Display all floors
Sometimes I read newspaper, I note reports say some groups " BASED--****  (Place name).

I guess that means  the headquarter locate the other place.

It is right I think they say abour leading organization. But I don't know what that expression in  CHINESE mean exactly? one of them called " 跨国公司" ......ok?
          Anybody give me   some examples in  Chinese  (Based--*****)  ? !    thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-4 16:41:02 |Display all floors
In most cases, they are used as compound words.  "***-based"  is more common than that of " BASED--****  
如:如:shore-based aircraft岸基飞机,computer-based运用电脑的

中文则需根据上下文来定,可以译成“基于xxx的”、“以xxx为基础的”、“总部在xxx的”等等。

[ Last edited by marchsnow at 2009-6-4 04:42 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-5 10:25:21 |Display all floors

greeting

Thank you to help me twice!  cartridge, yes ! the exact English word is .the othet thing is about translation.  *****-based  is used  in common...... I see .

Do you watch TV English series show. name call "SHANGHAI rush" ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-6 17:08:11 |Display all floors
yeah , i am under the impression that there are combinations of "a noun + past-tense" like "chinese-oriented" (面向华人的),
"foreign-funded"(外资的),"disaster-hit"(it's noteworthy that herein "hit" is also a past-tense" , it means "受灾的, for instance , the disaster-hit area east of here is just approximiately 1 kilo-meter away from here, 那个受灾地区位于这以东,大约有1公里远) .
as for your circumstance , there is a combination of "a noun + based" ,it means "基于...的" or "基地位于...的" .for instance ,
a guangzhou-based charity organization was established credited to those efforts made by those who specialized in evoking humanities from people.
一个在广州设立的慈善机构..... .
it was a pleasant surprise that an ip-based data transmission method used to transmit unreliable datagrams was devised by several prestigious IT experts .
一个基于IP的数据传输方法....
let English be my second language and cash be full filled  in my pocket.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.