Author: bantopost

Chinese company buys Hummer? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-3 11:06:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Eagleclaw1 at 2009-6-3 10:50

Hummers are for work, "M ilitary", and it is b attle hardened and trail tested for any modern a rmy..... It has plenty of parts already available, and can be quickly produced, mass prod ...

yeah... men like unreasonable big stuffs.... big car, big house, big TV, big everything... (i like the big TV though...)

Anyway, it's only a rumour...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 11:25:22 |Display all floors
Hummers suck

they were sold to Oldsmobile who just slaped the ugliest looking body onto an Chevy Chassis

the key points to  Hummer were:

1. Very High Differential undercarriage, very high center point clearance

2. very high and very fluid 4-wheel independent suspension, something like RC Cars, it could ride smoothly ove teh roughest of terrain

3. very wide chassis, far wider than any other 4x4 on the market, the wide base meant it was stable making fully sharp turns at top speeds

4. low profile, making it aero dynamic and also, combined with the wide chassis, made it almost impossible to top

5. vented hood which fed directly into the air intake meaning it ran cool and powerful in the hottest of conditions

6, rugged body made of quality metal that could take a beating

7. tire mount on th back that didnt reduce drag or get in the way of quick access to the back, even in tight quarters

Oldsmobiile took away every single one of those things from the hummer

and made a hollywood fag ride out of it

bought all rights to Hummer, Killing the Hummer completely, Forever

Im afraid China is buying a dead horse..

the Hummer was the Clydesdale of 4x4's

and Im a fraid China is buying a sexy jack-ass with only the name hummer,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 12:28:19 |Display all floors
The AMATEUR assassin wrote: the key points to  Hummer were:

1. Very High Differential undercarriage, very high center point clearance

2. very high and very fluid 4-wheel independent suspension, something like RC Cars, it could ride smoothly over the roughest of terrain

3. very wide chassis, far wider than any other 4x4 on the market, the wide base meant it was stable making fully sharp turns at top speeds

4. low profile, making it aero dynamic and also, combined with the wide chassis, made it almost impossible to tip

5. vented hood which fed directly into the air intake meaning it ran cool and powerful in the hottest of conditions

6, rugged body made of quality metal that could take a beating

7. tire mount on th back that didnt reduce drag or get in the way of quick access to the back, even in tight quarters

All of these fine qualities in a work horse, would make for a really nice W AR WAGON ha bright one..........

Maybe, just maybe, this might be some of the thinking in your countries interest in the HUMMER!!

I mean over the long haul maybe.....

You really need to put that dangerous stick down amateur, before you hurt yourself with it anymore......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 12:39:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 12:48:05 |Display all floors
I also got some news related with it from other channels ,including some web sites. It will be great helps for China's auto industry if the acquisition case is approved.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 13:13:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andy sun at 2009-6-3 12:48
I also got some news related with it from other channels ,including some web sites. It will be great helps for China's auto industry if the acquisition case is approved.

I‘m afraid i can't agree with the 'great help'...
you see, Hummer is on sale cos it's losing money.. the oil price is up, ppl lose their jobs, no one wants to buy that...
and honest speaking.... branding is not those businessmen's first choice, and usually they got problems on keeping their words...
if Chinese company took over the Hummer and the sales remaind the same, i don't see the helping point of view....
the technology might help, but isn't it too expensive? besides, i don't think those real hi-tech is able to release to the chinese company...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 14:07:19 |Display all floors
this company has a very big appetite.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.