Author: iamnaive

The most tolerant society to live in: [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-7 01:32:05 |Display all floors
Tolerant? Tolerant of what? Saudi Arabia tolerates beheadings, America tolerates the white hooded KKK

The problem is that when a culture is initially tolerant it can welcome individuals that are not tolerant and want to indirectly impose their values on the hosts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-7 01:37:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by icewendigo at 2009-6-7 01:32
Tolerant? Tolerant of what? Saudi Arabia tolerates beheadings, America tolerates the white hooded KKK

The problem is that when a culture is initially tolerant it can welcome individuals tha ...

Less government power.

More people power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-7 02:14:49 |Display all floors
you see this sort of behaviour all the time in latin america. Someone argues that (let's say) economical conditions in norway are better than in venezuela.

response: some idiot posts the photo of a homeless norwegian as an indisputable proof that "there is also poor people" in Norway. Therefore, "latin american current policies are much better than europeans/american/canadian/etc)

To clafiry something that should be obvious: one photo of one specific case (specially completely out of context as this one about the whales) says nothing.

To chinese people: don't take as an offense if someone says your country has flaws (as lack of tolerance). It's by no means a reflection of yourself as individuals. If anything is a call to resolve them.

All of our countries have problems, western developed countries too have them. And southamerican countries as my own, are beyond filled with problems.

And they are mentioned and even enphazised in the media too.

The most pointless thing to do about them is picking examples of other problems on other countries, and feel happy they haven't completely solve things either. It's your country that matters, not theirs. And it's your problems if your countries flaws are not mentioned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-7 04:43:00 |Display all floors
according social ,religious and cultural contexts,
In my opinion , Canada and Holland are the most tolerant countries ,
so i don't vote , these countries are not in ur list .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-7 14:21:16 |Display all floors

White Supremacist

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-6-6 13:56

Saudi Arabia and Congo got 10 times as
many votes as the UK

Interesting maths. At this point in time the UK has zero votes. If the others have ten times as many votes as the U ...

As a white/zionist supremacist you have never been called a nigger in London or Copenhagen.There are
innumerable people who have.The Swedes lined the streets and yelled the N word when the Yanks sent
an African ambassador to them in the seventies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-8 07:58:03 |Display all floors
Frankly, the Scandinavian countries are very cold. I found the Swedish very friendly until I discovered that it's because everyone thought I was from Swedish stock.....
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-8 20:19:12 |Display all floors

Sweden

Do they still yell the N word at African American diplomats in Stockholm ? The capital of the country that
got two votes in this rigged poll ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.