Views: 27232|Replies: 48

Shoud China continue buying US treasuries [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-1 09:56:55 |Display all floors
US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is in China to reassure the Chinese that their vast holdings of $768 billion US treasuries are safe and will try to pursuade the Chinese to buy more. Do you think China should continue buying US government debt?
Single choice vote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
19.05% (8)
71.43% (30)
9.52% (4)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 10:02:16 |Display all floors
Not NO, but HELL NO.............................

[ Last edited by Eagleclaw1 at 2009-5-31 08:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 10:13:57 |Display all floors
How will China help America, by catering to the Obama administration... Bailout after bailout, and they are wasting the money they have already gotten...

The liberals want entitlements and a new social order and they want China to be their sugar daddy and pay for the lame, lazy and irresponsible and reckless......... They spend and buy and are now selling it on the corners.... Irresponsible people and a nation.......

If you search you will find, that the majority of Americans doesnt want any more money, thank you very much.....

I am sorry for being so bold and reckless, in my 1st comment, but, this is a passionate sore spot on me and my America...

No more bailouts or loans......... Please....................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 10:29:17 |Display all floors
I'd rather say NO.... my feeling is US would find a way to write-off all the debts, cos obviously US just simply couldn't afford all those debts....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 10:36:56 |Display all floors
We can't afford any more debt... We can not afford to carry all of the weak, lame and lazy Obama is wanting to support and coddle..... Everyone wants to be carried now, no one wants to work or even go without, they have been promised and pandered...... It is by their own stupidity they are all broke and worthless.....

Obama, Pelosi, Frank, Dodd and friends are in over their heads and California is sinking into the ocean in debt..... Please tell turbo tax tim to just stay in DC.........

They all live in a make believe world, and fat on their corrupt riches they have hidden away.....

Bush didnt create all of our debt, not in no 8 years he didnt.......Bush added to it, and Obama is pilling it on under cheating manipulating lies...

Let America work this out on her own please...............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 11:41:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Eagleclaw1 at 2009-6-1 10:36
We can't afford any more debt... We can not afford to carry all of the weak, lame and lazy Obama is wanting to support and coddle..... Everyone wants to be carried now, no one wants to work or even ...

agree...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 12:00:33 |Display all floors

China is negligent to buy too much U.S. treasuries

China simply bought too much and placed too little weight on the risks associated with the US treasuries. This is negligence on a grand scale, because it is a US$1 trillion risk!

Bill Clinton was a good US president who erased the deficit accumulated by George Bush, Sr.  And, Bush,Jr. screwed it up again just like his dad did.

Greed, excessive greed, was encouraged by the capitalists on Wall Street, resulting in the sub-prime crisis.  That is a part of bad Amerikan culture that encourages excessive, irresponsible and speculative borrowing.  This is a bad part of Amerikan culture today.

[ Last edited by myfriend at 2009-6-1 12:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.