Author: timbatu

Escargot, do you like it? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-1 15:30:57 |Display all floors
I like escargo because of the garlic sauce, the meat itself is a bit pointless if high in protein and nutrients.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 17:37:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-6-1 10:17

Frankly, when I first heard that Cantonese eat foetuses I didn't believe it. I still have trouble doing it now, but some in the know tell me it is a real and existing feature of  underground Lingnan culture.  ...

This must be the legacy left behind by those early Jewish immigrant who escaped the siege and destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman during 70 CE.
The historical records showed that there was extreme famine and
people there ate their own babies in order to survive!!
Guess SS has no trouble with this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-1 17:58:16 |Display all floors
Escargot are a famous meal in french cuisine, however it is not often that frenchies eat it, as frogs, except for occasion like new year, it is not so common to find on french markets, certainly not so often than in the past.Most people dont know how to prepare it.  It is just famous for foreigner as a french restaurant must have, but, in fact, it's simple and not really representative, I think. When I have opportunity to eat, I dont miss it. there are species better than other: the "bourgogne" is better than the little grey.
The garlic sauce is used in other speciality, excellent too: the mussel. I never saw garlic-butter bread in france as it is common here in china bakery. Maybe a fashion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 02:41:00 |Display all floors
SS, French Escargots!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 02:54:23 |Display all floors

dunno whatchacallit but i call it SNAIL...

the best place to enjoy all variety of snails that i could think of is my hometurf viet nam, and not even the carrib or south latin america...and i do pimp french cuisine very much so  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-3 13:36:23 |Display all floors
Conch meat is delicious.
conch.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-6-4 00:04:44 |Display all floors
Dear SS. I was talking to eagle.

On the other hand, check your track of posts, will you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.