Views: 5616|Replies: 11

工作之余英译了一片文章, 请各位大虾指教 谢谢 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-13 16:09:34 |Display all floors
世间百样情,唯有爱情可遇而不可求。正如张爱玲的那句话,于千万人之中遇见你所遇见的人,于千万年之中,时间无崖的荒野里,没有早一步,也没有晚一步,正巧赶上了。可见爱情的因缘际会,全在一个“巧”字成全。
Among all relations , love is the only one that happens by coincidence . Eileen Chang had a comment that best explains the subtlety of pre-destined relationship: at the right time and right place you meet no one other than him or her .  This is how it happened .

爱和被爱,其实都不难遇见。难的是遇见合而为一的相爱。爱你的人和你爱的人若不是一个人,那么,爱情还离你有十万八千里之远!爱情是两个人擦出的火花,不是一个人寂寞的独角戏。别以为你爱上别人就是爱情了,若然她没“正巧”也爱上你。那么,你追她的脚步再怎么迫切,也只是一个猎人的一厢情愿。
It is no difficult to love or to be loved . the hard part it to meet the person who loves you and  it is him or her you are most fond of . or you find no real love otherwise.  Love is spark that ignited by the two of you , love is not solo play . Rid the notion that love is when you have a crash on somebody . if he or she happens to have no affection on you , no matter how hard you try, your wishful thinking will undoubtedly lead you to nowhere .   

所以,爱情不是追来的,也不是找来的。真正的爱情,只是人生之中一场自然而优雅的等待;是百转千回萍水相逢时,四目相遇怦然心动的声音;是疲惫旅途中,不期然飘落在你手心的一叶脉脉相通的柔情。
We hence understand that we don’t  intentionally go after love , neither does it lies somewhere to be discovered . we wait , gracefully wait ,for the advent of real love , it is a natural process in our life .Love is the banging of your heartbeat set by an eye-contact after a chance meet , love is the gentle caring you unexpectedly receive in a tiring trip .

铁凝50岁才结婚。她曾说过,婚姻是一件合适的事情,不合适的婚姻不如没有!
Tie Ning, a famous writer , hadn’t been married until 50 . she once said : “your best bet is to marry the right person . or not at tall anyway ” .

什么是合适?不就是丝丝相扣心有灵犀的相爱之心!文坛泰斗冰心女士曾拉着铁凝的手问她,你有男朋友吗?铁凝不好意思地说,还没有,正在找呢。冰心拍拍她的手,说了一句很有禅意的话:你不要去找,你要等!当时90岁的冰心老人,以她近百岁人生阅历沉淀出来的智慧,简洁深刻地道出了爱情的玄机。给当时年届34岁的铁凝开出了一剂爱情真方。
What’s the definition of “right” ? the answer is: mutual understanding , zero distance between two hearts ! The well-respected writer Madam Bing Tsin once asked her , holding her hand , “ Do you have a boy friend ?” . Blushed Tie Ning said “ Not yet , I am dating currently” . Madam Bing Tsin, in her 90, then padded her hand and said some words that deserve deep reflection : “what you need to do is just to wait .” With this nearly 100 years of life experience deposited wisdom , she succinctly yet profoundly deciphered the secret of love , offering a love prescription for Lady Tie Ning , then aged 34 .     

男朋友不是找来的,若先存着一个找的心,便已不自觉附上了许多与爱情无关的目的和条件,从而失去了爱情最可贵的品质——纯粹。只能说你找来的是一个伴侣,或者丈夫,但绝不是爱人。
Never look for a boy friend . if you intend to “find” a boy friend , you involuntary attach  some irrelevant strings to love , consequently you end up losing the most important quality of love——purity.  Be it a mate , or a husband ,  what you actually “found” is not a lover at any rate

真正的爱人,要等!真的,这是一件无奈而又非常自然的事情。也正是爱情之瑰丽神奇动人的所在。爱情灿若花朵,只有以最优雅的姿态,才能不惧岁月沧桑,等到彼此遇见时从容绽放的美丽。
The lover——your soul mate——appears at the right time when you are waiting out there . there is no better option other than wait , this is how it goes . It is waiting that makes love beautiful , terrific and emotional .Just like flower that comes out at the right time, love blossoms gracefully only if you put up with the ticking of time .

原来,我以为跟一个爱自己的人在一起要轻松得多。事实上真的很省心,处处被照顾娇宠着像个女王。只是等我遇见了他,一个我爱的,他也爱我的人。与前男友三年的相处,竟如瓷器落地,瞬间粉碎。我清晰地看见自己的心缓缓盛开成一朵爱情之花,与爱人交相辉映。
I usually thought I would live all at ease staying with a man who loves me . and it seemed to be the case , I was treated like a princess . However ,the 3-year relationship ended when another man came into my life, things are totally different , we love each other . I saw clearly a flower of love is flourishing in the depth of my heart , radiantly inter-reflecting with my sweetheart’ love .

此时才发现,自己当初的仓促与轻率。不错,人生寂寞难捱,光阴如流似箭,外加世俗流言相迫,我们都不愿意一个人孤独地老去。但在你的爱情降临之前,请坚守阵地,不要随便搭了殷勤客的车。

Never before had I been being so aware of my hast and thoughtlessness in the first place . Granted ,loneness is hard and time flies like an arrow , in addition to the sear of gossips , no one is willing to age lonely . The advice is , never get on the wrong ship before the one that truly belongs to you arrives .

生命是一个奋斗不止追求不息的过程。而爱情则是这过程中,一场自然造化的缘分。不迷信永远,相信缘法自然,怀着一颗有情心,从容面对,优雅等待。
爱情终将穿透岁月风尘纷扰人群,朝你含笑而来,等待着相遇的一刻,为你幸福盛开!
Life entails persistent pursuit, and love happens out of  Kama in the process , naturally . So remain to be affectionate , take everything as they are , wait gracefully , Cupid will open  the door of love for you .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 14:48:54 |Display all floors

thanks a lot

生命是一个奋斗不止追求不息的过程。而爱情则是这过程中,一场自然造化的缘分。不迷信永远,相信缘法自然,怀着一颗有情心,从容面对,优雅等待。
爱情终将穿透岁月风尘纷扰人群,朝你含笑而来,等待着相遇的一刻,为你幸福盛开!
Life entails persistent pursuit, and love happens out of  Kama in the process , naturally . So remain to be affectionate , take everything as they are , wait gracefully , Cupid will open  the door of love for you .

that is quite impressive ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 15:40:56 |Display all floors

更正

更正

It is no difficult to love or to be loved . the hard part  it  (it  改为  is ) to meet the person who loves you and  it is him or her you are most fond of

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 19:32:00 |Display all floors
"你不要去找,你要等!"
Do not bother to seek love, but wait for it!  Only a fool will give heed to this cliche. Love, really, isn't something that you wait and you will get. Just be patient is far far from enough. To get love, what one should do is not to wait, but to figure it out what beautiufl girls are really finding in men, and make yourself one of them and better distinguish yourself among them. Life is too short to wait for anything to happen. YOu have to do something to accelerate its coming, whatever the means, ans the end justifies the means. Love, love, I wonder if there is anyone in the world who really knows what it is. Love is subject to living body, which is every hungry and thirsty...
The bluest of all souls

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-14 19:59:13 |Display all floors

reply#1

世间百样情,唯有爱情可遇而不可求。正如张爱玲的那句话,于千万人之中遇见你所遇见的人,于千万年之中,时间无崖的荒野里,没有早一步,也没有晚一步,正巧赶上了。可见爱情的因缘际会,全在一个“巧”字成全。
Among all relations , love is the only one that happens by coincidence . Eileen Chang had a comment that best explains the subtlety of pre-destined relationship: at the right time and right place you meet no one other than him or her .  This is how it happened .

sometimes it seems there is no chance right there waiting for us we need to create the chance, i think it is the same with lot and love. once we fall in love with someone we couldent help thiking that we are meant for each other.
一旦喜欢上了以后就会想要去相信我们之间是命中注定的。this is a piece of line which i watch in a cartoon
btw appreciate your work

[ Last edited by smile_elle at 2009-5-14 08:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 08:17:10 |Display all floors

"你不要去找,你要等!"

Do not bother to seek love, but wait for it!  Only a fool will give heed to this cliche. Love, really, isn't something that you wait and you will get. Just be patient is far far from enough. To get love, what one should do is not to wait, but to figure it out what beautiufl girls are really finding in men, and make yourself one of them and better distinguish yourself among them. Life is too short to wait for anything to happen. YOu have to do something to accelerate its coming, whatever the means, ans the end justifies the means. Love, love, I wonder if there is anyone in the world who really knows what it is. Love is subject to living body, which is every hungry and thirsty...

thanks for your valuable comments .    chienl ,   yes you are right , we should not just wait for the other half coming to you .  love takes some efforts .   
this is just a translation piece i did , though,  personaly i   have the same notion , i thought  well ok, God works ,  maybe i was wrong :  ever time i met a girl who set my mind racing , i  lacked the courage to speak my mind to her , and time after time i remined myself ,  if she was meant to be with you , she will , wait ,for it ,  boy .   but they never happen ,       "  Life is too short to wait for anything to happen "  this is a great sentence  !   i will remenber it .   as the Chinese poem phrase puts it  :  one thousand times and one  i am seeking her among the endless crowd....

[ Last edited by agent 9 at 2009-5-15 08:18 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-15 08:25:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by smile_elle at 2009-5-14 19:59

sometimes it seems there is no chance right there waiting for us we need to create the chance, i think it is the same with lot and love. once we fall in love with someone we couldent help thiki ...

thank you . smile-elle  !

and thank you for sharing this wonderful sentence with me :  i liked it very much .
sometimes it seems there is no chance right there waiting for us we need to create the chance, i think it is the same with lot and love. once we fall in love with someone we couldent help thiking that we are meant for each other.
一旦喜欢上了以后就会想要去相信我们之间是命中注定的

[ Last edited by agent 9 at 2009-5-15 08:26 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.