Views: 90533|Replies: 652

Media China v West [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-6 14:33:32 |Display all floors
The difference is that the media in the West is free to ask questions and uncover the truth about anything. Even those things that are supposedly top secret. In China, it is not so free. So any so-called facts that come from China are impossible to verify. We all know that in China, image takes priority over substance, which is why people rarely accept so-called facts in Chinese media as true. At least in the West if someone publishes something false, another media outlet can uncover the truth.

If China allows a free unrestricted press, and the media then say that China did something, we will believe them. Until then, no, sorry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-6 21:29:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by totothedog at 2009-5-6 21:19
Look NO EVIDENCE. Just the usual unsubstantiated lies.

The media in the West is NOT FREE to ask questions. They get a delivery of anthrax in the post or the regulators imposing a fine as a shot  ...

Nice handle name, I like it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-6 21:49:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by totothedog at 2009-5-6 21:39
1) Look NO EVIDENCE. Just the usual unsubstantiated lies.

2) The media in the West is NOT FREE to ask questions. They get a delivery of anthrax in the post or the regulators imposing a fine as a ...

You need to get out more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-6 21:52:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by totothedog at 2009-5-6 21:39
3) Just look at Anglo media. As George Orwell said, he realised at an early age that everything in Anglo Amerikan media was misreported. Compare with ANY news story in chinese papers. Anglo Amerika ...

seriously what a load of crap.

china's media is famous world over for covering up the facts.

when the earthquakes happened they covered it up, when sars broke it was covered up, when the baby milk powder scandel broke it was covered up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-6 21:56:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by totothedog at 2009-5-6 21:40
4) Just look at CNN and BBC. These are THE ONLY TWO WORLD WIDE "services" because their propaganda channels. Amerika even admits it sends in radio stations in Iraq and Iran to publish the ...

Again you're making sh1t up.

I dont read CNN but i do read the BBC website.

sure they probably make mistakes like any news paper, but overall i find their news pretty good.

and whats your idea of an honest news site? xinhua? oh please what a bloody joke.  completely one sided mouthpiece for the government, just like you are!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 00:15:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by totothedog at 2009-5-7 00:06

I provide facts which are general knowledge. The Anglo kongenital liar refutes it but offers no evidence and not even any explanation!

WHAT A KROCK OF SH1T!!!!!

Whatever, we already had this debate.
China is a country where journalists don't move their as* if they can't get a hong bao.
No Chinese journalist have been harmed in duty... while so many Western journalists died to report the events of the world.
The biggest symbol (and joke) about this is the helicopter platform on the top of the CCTV tower in Beijing which has been built only to compete with BTV...
Chinese media are using Western articles and pictures/video to report world events...
What you call embellishment is actualy investigation and analysis...Of course, your journalist just copy and past from Xinhua and sometimes AFP or reuters... I even seen a copy of an article from the Onion...on CD.... what a shame.
That's all folks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 02:20:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2009-5-7 00:15
Whatever, we already had this debate.
China is a country where journalists don't move their as* if they can't get a hong bao.
No Chinese journalist have been harmed in duty... while so many W ...

Then how do you react when CNN. CNBC, Washington Post, New York Times and Walt Disney are now controlled in certain kind of small number of people and have certain kind of racist political agenda?

I know you will exercise selective amnesia and self-mumbling when faced with this.

For you also frightened to the death toward these forces. They control your daily life.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.