Views: 2451|Replies: 2

I hit two home runs [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-1 22:44:37 |Display all floors
Jay Leno is back on the air last night and that's after an overnight stay at a hospital last week. Leno was hospitalized with the high fever, of course, he left off the whole thing.

I'll tell you some, Have you ever slept in a hospital? I spent the night. I was there for 24 hours, I had a horrible dream that I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was suffocating. Then I woke up and realized oh Conan was holding a pillow over my face. I said Hey, hey. Who is that! Hey ...I am not a medicine; I don't understand the medicines they give you. Like, while I was there, the doctors gave me a couple of shots in the rear end. I didn't feel any better, but afterwards, I hit two home runs.

Nice to have Jay back on the air. You are up-to-date. Be sure to stay with CNN and CNN.com 24/7 for all the news of develops today.

The above content is from CNN.Could you tell me the meaning of I hit two home runs?Thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-2 23:05:44 |Display all floors
Of course, Jay is joking. He is saying that the doctors gave him a couple of shots of steroids, referring to the baseball controversy which is said to help baseball players play better. So, it enabled him to "hit two home runs," but because it wasn't real medicine for his sickness, he "didn't feel any better."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-5 10:23:39 |Display all floors
Greeting! I need your help. I need a Tiffany Jewellery for my brother and  
Tiffany Co Bracelets for my younger sister, then a Links of London jewellery witch brand Links for my older sister. I know therere so many online shops selling Tiffany Jewellery, Tiffany Co Bracelets and Links of London jewellery, but I don’t know which site I can put the order for
Tiffany co Jewellery, the
Links of London online shops are under competition. Too many Links of London  online shops to make the correct decision for the Links of London . BTW, seems the Tiffany co Jewellery is nearly off-season, the main product is Tiffany co Jewellery Slippers not long later I think, so is there some chances to get the discount Tiffany and co ? Hope someone can help me, Thank you all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.