Author: Liu whore

will there be a war between china and america? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-1 22:18:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Liu  whore at 2009-4-29 08:11
don't think all Tai wan people are freindl ...

What do you mean by "friendly"?
They are willing to be ruled by mainland China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 22:41:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ClayinChina at 2009-5-1 11:51
As an American, I would fight my best to never let it happen. Everyone American I know (conservative and liberal) loves Chinese people. Never met a Chinese person I didn't like! Unimaginable for Ch ...

Thanks for your kindness to chinese people!
I can say most of Chinese people love American.
But I also know there are some such people having a love-hate relationship with U.S. On the one side, if U.S urge China to implement democracy,they will lost their intrests or be sentenced. On the other side,U.S is really a freedom ,rich country and their children are all in U.S.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 23:19:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-5-1 21:45
I suppose until they cowboy up, China can have a war with a smaller underdeveloped country, so they can win easily and get their fix of pride and honour!!!

You mean like Grenada ?    ...

Monaco or Malta.
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 23:51:23 |Display all floors

To Ensure Peace

If there be a war (I think the chances are 50/50 in the next 30 years), it would most likely be started by America, and on some fraudulent pretext as is the proven wont of the hegemon.

The only way to reduce that risk is to be prepared.

" 此外,吴胜利还表示,中国必须逐步发展能够冲破敌人防御系统的精密导弹,并且需要加快其发展大型水面舰的步伐——这可能意味着其建造航母的项目已经迫在眉睫。他说:“精密的装备是赢得区域海战的重要物质基础。我们必须加快步伐积极促进重要武器的研发。我们必须发展新一代武器系统,如大型水面舰、隐秘性强且续航时间长的潜艇、超音速巡航战机、能够渗透敌军防御网的远程导弹,以及能够深度潜水、迅速且灵活的鱼雷以及可以提供兼容性和通用性电子战装备。”

Centuries of marauding and pillage by foreigners have taught the Chinese well.  It is better to be prepared than be sorry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-2 06:55:19 |Display all floors

Reply #42 tongluren's post

Not silly at all. Sonar will hear the missile tube doors opening just as they know that torpedo tubes are opening. Before any of this will happen, the US subs will get a EAS message of the ELF comms frequency and they'll be given the order to open fire if the missile tube hatches open. You're thinking 2 dimensionally when you should be thinking about capabilities and so on. The US and Co can build as many subs as is needed to shadow these boomers. Yes, production is slow now, but it can be ramped up without too many difficulties I'd imagine. Production is slow for both per unit cost and also to avoid block obsolescence of units....makes sense to me.
Anyhow, let's hope this theory of war never becomes reality or we all lose, not just the 2 countries mentioned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-2 09:31:56 |Display all floors

You'd Imagine Wrong

America has only one naval shipyard (Electric Boat) capable of building nuclear subs, and the engineers required are growing old and nobody is coming into the field (seen as lack of prospects).  The best and brightest of American students go into the fraud business, designing CDS and other toxic financial derivatives.

China on the other hand has, TODAY, 5 sub building shipyards, and China graduates 5 times the number of engineers each year compared to America.

At the peak, the USSR had a fleet of over 300 subs.  Having 200 boomers is really not out of the question.  Would be much cheaper to run than just 10 carrier battle groups.

[ Last edited by tongluren at 2009-5-2 09:33 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-2 12:29:05 |Display all floors

Reply #56 tongluren's post

General Dynamics?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.