Author: Liu whore

will there be a war between china and america? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-1 11:47:42 |Display all floors
Interesting question, but I think the answer is twofold.
In the short term, there will be no war, that is for sure, the world economy is now tied to both America and china, both countries would be committing economic suicide should they engage in a war at this time.
The question should be, will there be a war between the two super powers when the oil reserve's of the world is reaching a critical point.  I could imagine that in 10 or 20 years, if no alternative and marketable fuel sources are developed, a conflict over remaining oil could happen. By this time the military balance of china versus America will be equal, if not in favor of the Chinese because of the manpower. Both are countries that are large, and pretty much impossible to invade and conquer. Both are countries that can move and hide industrial output within their large borders. Both countries are nuclear capable. I suspect if there is a war, it will be fought on another countries soil, with limited attacks on major production centers to both countries.
The key factor really will be if major developments into economical viable alternative fuel sources are successful in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 11:51:19 |Display all floors

No Way!!!

As an American, I would fight my best to never let it happen. Everyone American I know (conservative and liberal) loves Chinese people. Never met a Chinese person I didn't like! Unimaginable for China or US to start a war!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 14:18:15 |Display all floors
do you really think so??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 18:01:33 |Display all floors
The threat of war between the USA and the old Soviet Union that caused the arms race was ideologically rooted-the free Capitalist West against Communism.  

The Soviet crumbled though of course Capitalism has imploded recently, its happened before though and bounced back-it will do so again

As big trading partners with the West its inconceivable to me we would want war with China the Ausie who claims this is a bloody idiot   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 19:34:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JackDoe at 2009-4-29 11:03
I think Americans don't want to fight the Chinese. I guess one war was enough ( I mean the Korean War ).

The new policy has been to encourage capitalism/trade in Communist China.  Sounds crazy, ...

support this viewpoint. China and USA is having economic and currency war that is not traditional war with weapons. we hopes that our leaders can take advantage of current finicial crisis to curb USA to pave a good path for furture war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-1 21:38:08 |Display all floors
I doubt the Chinese will ever go to war with the US. They have nothing to gain, and honestly they haven't been to any wars for decades and have no experience in real combat. The US military has fighting experience (from generals down to the last soldier), and they are better prepared.

About Invasion. To be able to invade a country, the invader has (by military principle) to use 3 times more firepower that the defender, otherwise the chances to win are limited or very few. I very much doubt if China will ever be able to transport so many soldiers in one go, for an invasion through the Pacific or able to get so many ships across so easily.

The last thing left is hi-tech war, which has already started, with the Chinese trying to steal military secrets through the net. (whats new about that, Chinese only know how to steal and copy)!!!

I do not believe any of the two will ever start a nuclear war, except only if the Chinese cannot win, and try to use nuclear weapons to defend their honour... Oh well...

I suppose until they cowboy up, China can have a war with a smaller underdeveloped country, so they can win easily and get their fix of pride and honour!!!
响屁不臭,臭屁不响,连环屁又臭又响

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-5-1 21:45:09 |Display all floors
I suppose until they cowboy up, China can have a war with a smaller underdeveloped country, so they can win easily and get their fix of pride and honour!!!

You mean like Grenada ?   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.