Views: 7836|Replies: 20

Canadian whitecollar marries Chinese security guard [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-25 14:46:03 |Display all floors
A Canadian woman gave up her job in a local trade company to marry a Chinese security guard and opened a restaurant in Chongqing in China's Sichuan province, where her husband worked.

The 30-year-old was the representative of a Canadian trade company when she flied to Chongqing for a business talk with a Chinese estate company four years ago. She met her future husband, Zheng Yunfei, a security guard of the company who picked her up at the airport.

Katherine noticed that Zheng dusted her luggages and carefully put them in the car. These  behaviors impressed her which made she thought that this was a careful man.

During Katherine's stay in Chongqing, Zheng was asked by the company to take her to visit many places in the city on the weekend. At that time, the two started to learn more about Chinese and English languages respectively. Katherine practiced Chinese with Zheng and Zheng studied English very hard to communicate with her. The former army soldier's endeavor and determination impressed Katherine a lot.

They became friends but a few months later, Zheng was ready to go back to Henan to visit his family. Katherine called him to ask him not to leave. "I cannot live without you. I like you," said the Canadian woman. "I like you too," replied Zheng.

The lovers spent happy time together afterward but Katherine was called to go to work in Beijing in November 2005. Although Zheng supported her to go to Beijing, Katherine decided to stay with Zheng in Chongqing and quitted her job.

But she had to earn money because Zheng didn't have much money as a security guard. Following a friend's suggestion, they spent all their savings to open a restaurant on a busy street called "Yangren Street", which means "Foreigners' street".

In order to save money, Katherine only employed a chef, a waiter and a cleaner and helped to do all work at the busy time. Her husband also resigned to work in the restaurant later.

Katherine treated her employers well and helped other foreign expats to make business on the street. As the first foreigner who opened a restaurant there, she often aid those who couldn't speak Chinese and organized parties for them.

Now, the couple has a one-year-old daughter and wished to have an International chain restaurant in the future.

translated from Xinhua

Katherine and her daughter
xinsrc_562030625083548477822.jpg
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-25 16:31:53 |Display all floors

Very refreshing news

Very often it is the other way round--chinese women and foreign men--but this news is the reverse. I wish them lasting marriage and they grow old till old age. Their daughter is very cute--like all babies of course.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-25 17:29:57 |Display all floors

Best wishes to them!^_^

It is very similar to a story I watached on TV several weeks ago. An American girl marries to a Chinese Guard. The American girl is an English teacher of an English educational school, and the guard smiles to the girl everyday, and the sunshinelike smile moves her, and then they get married.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 01:51:18 |Display all floors
this is such a moving story i wish them good luck

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 09:35:38 |Display all floors
Xie xie for the nice story.  I too wish them a happy life. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 13:42:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by polaris1120 at 2009-3-25 14:46
A Canadian woman gave up her job in a local trade company to marry a Chinese security guard and opened a restaurant in Chongqing in China's Sichuan province, where her husband worked.

The 30-yea ...

she is very brave woman.
As a matter of fact,she married the man with loving her inner quality but not matterials.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-29 13:43:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chuckster at 2009-3-29 09:35
Xie xie for the nice story.  I too wish them a happy life. :)

Yes,a very touchable story, my best wishes for them,too.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.