Views: 1779|Replies: 6

An online auction for graduates! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-19 10:34:47 |Display all floors
Desperate for jobs, 15 graduating math students in China's capital have put themselves up for auction at the e-commerce site Taobao.com.

The 15 "recommended goods" have photos and resumes. Their "starting prices" range from 2,000 yuan (about 293 U.S. dollars) to 3,000 yuan.

"The price is our expected monthly pay," said Wang Danke, the web storeowner and member of the graduating class in the Department of Mathematics, North China University of Technology in Beijing. "We'd like to 'sell' ourselves with our wit."

Is it a good choice for the graduates in the gloomy employment market? Whether it is good or not, I think it is eco-friendly for it saves the paper and labor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-19 10:51:08 |Display all floors

Reply #1 mariame's post

Very interesting concept.  It should be effective (at least for these initiators) and certainly beat the traditional door-to-door resume submissions.

Wish them luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-19 18:29:07 |Display all floors

Reply #1 mariame's post

That's just another form of job-hunting....As long as they 'sell' their wit but not dignity or body...

:)
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-20 17:21:17 |Display all floors
there are a lot of websites for finding jobs

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-20 19:37:19 |Display all floors
Sure, it's a good idea for "sell" oneself, but these guys  do ad for themselves is effective, and if other people flollow them, it maybe not work.
No pains, no gains.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-20 22:24:03 |Display all floors
That is a nice idea,
I will take it into consider if i lose my job as my company is keeping cutting the employee due to the shrinking market.
There is no shame for it, we work and get paid,that is how the soicety works.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-22 22:49:42 |Display all floors

Taobao...

Such creativity is a freshing breeze in the stuffy job hunting market.

Hope they'll win opportunities to get into the employer's eyes~:) ( haha..those who happen to be avid online buyers!!!)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.