Author: timbatu

Christian racism, the face of [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-27 01:57:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2009-3-26 19:48

If I may make a slight correction here, Fredius, I think the only person he hurts is himself.
He has only proven what a racist, ignorant fool he is.

Sorry for the "Australian rednecks" ...   Let's say it might just hurt my grandma...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 06:44:31 |Display all floors
Nobody can speak in my name here. Only me, I can speak about myself.

Christianity is really a comfortable tool to demonize the West. The only problem is: Christianity doesn't play a big role in the West. OK, in the US, it might be different. I don't know. But in Europe, it's not a determining factor.

Racism can be found everywhere, also in Asia. Or how would you call the attitude of some Chinese towards Vietnamese, Vietnamese and Indonesians etc. against Chinese, Japanese against their indigenuous population, etc. And some forumites' posts against "Anglos", I call them racist too.

A German writer named Heinrich Böll used to say: "It's boring to talk to atheists - they are always talking about God!"

In this sense... have a good day!

Bern

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 13:52:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2009-3-24 01:36
Vor Gal,

Lol, so according to you, Emu’s profound racist beliefs are caused by the nationalist Chinese on CD. lol.

The answer is no. You are wrong. Emu’s racist beliefs are learned in Aust ...

Well, here is my reply. Emu started on this forum as being pretty open minded, he didnt get angry or spout gibberish when people flamed him or his country. However, like many other westerners the constant zealotry got under his skin and so he started to argue back.
I would be the same in some ways.

If someone makes a personal attack on me or the things I care about I will be upset, I would expect the same from anyone. I feel insulted when people say Australians are all racist as I know we are not. My family are immigrants, and not rich ones, but this country gave us a chance to start anew. Forgive us if we feel the right to defend what we care about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 13:59:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by peterb at 2009-3-25 19:07
Vorgal says:

Really? Go back to the thread on Chinese Inventions and you'll see who started the mudslinging- Seneca and emu. Apparently they didn't like to see a positive thread about China so ...

LOL I remember that thread. Sorry I think a lot of non chinese forumites get tired of the "We made everything speel"  That wasn't always the case though.
Honestly, China is a fantastic place, Chinese people are in general, great people. I get annoyed when I am charged ten times the price I should in a market but hey, if that happens I simply don't buy. (I'm white, not stupid). Often Peterb you write some very clever stuff that shows you are educated and thoughtful, then you ruin all the effort with some one-eyed diatribe that alienates alot of the other readers? With your ability to state a case you should be focusing on motivating and leading positively, not mud-slinging yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 14:02:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2009-3-24 01:36
Vor Gal,

Lol, so according to you, Emu’s profound racist beliefs are caused by the nationalist Chinese on CD. lol.

The answer is no. You are wrong. Emu’s racist beliefs are learned in Aust ...

Oh and by the way, I'm not cristian, I am heathen

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 14:06:45 |Display all floors
I have no religion. I do not need it, nor do I need a belief that I am superior to anyone else for it proves nothing. Only my deeds speak for my worth, not my skin or my belief.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-27 14:13:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by vorgal78 at 2009-3-27 14:06
I have no religion. I do not need it, nor do I need a belief that I am superior to anyone else for it proves nothing. Only my deeds speak for my worth, not my skin or my belief.

Nor could one have a reason to justify forcing one's beliefs onto others.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.