Author: iamnaive

DARFUR [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-7 14:47:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Don't harmonize me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-7 17:27:12 |Display all floors

Laohu, dude, Are you for real...?

"Politics and diplomacy are very different to real life my friend. The former discuss about terms, the latter sees people getting killed and raped"

Ehhhhh? Say what? You really are new to this, aren't you? Open your window, take a breather from your books and computer and go outside for some reality and stop dealing in your homespun semantics.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-8 16:17:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2009-3-7 17:27
"Politics and diplomacy are very different to real life my friend. The former discuss about terms, the latter sees people getting killed and raped"

Ehhhhh? Say what? You really are new ...

Try to understand what I'm saying instead of taking my words as a justification to attack me. What I mean is that you were doing a distinction between genocide and other terms to define the situation in Darfur, as though the problem depended on how we define that situation. For me the problem lies in the fact that thousands have been killed: it could be genocide, it could be ethnic cleansing or just murder, but the thing is THOUSANDS have been killed. That ultimately is the main problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-8 16:22:08 |Display all floors

ICC structure

To all posters who claim that the ICC is a tool in the hands of the West I suggest to visit the Court's website: http://www.icc-cpi.int

As they will notice, the ICC is made up of many organs, where judges come from a variety of nations. The President of the Court is Judge Philippe Kirsch (Canada).  Judge Akua Kuenyehia (Ghana) is First Vice-President, and Judge René Blattmann (Bolivia) is Second Vice-President.   The judges of the Court are: Philippe Kirsch (Canada), Akua Kuenyehia (Ghana), René Blattmann (Bolivia), Georghios M. Pikis (Cyprus), Elizabeth Odio Benito (Costa Rica), Navanethem Pillay (South Africa), Sang-hyun Song (Republic of Korea), Hans-Peter Kaul (Germany), Mauro Politi (Italy), Erkki Kourula (Finland), Fatoumata Dembele Diarra (Mali), Anita Ušacka (Latvia), Sir Adrian Fulford (United Kingdom), Sylvia Steiner (Brazil), Ekaterina Trendafilova (Bulgaria), Daniel David Ntanda Nsereko (Uganda), Fumiko Saiga (Japan), Bruno Cotte (France).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-8 17:02:51 |Display all floors
From iamnaive:

"Western people just can't see woman raped, children killed ...

A quite h.uman reaction, don't you think so ?"

You mean like in Gaza recently? And what was the U.N. response? B.K. Moon said "please stop", was that it?
The Darfur conflict was being resolved until the ICC threw a spanner in the works.
Wonder how many of these esteemed judges are being bribed by the U.S. to do this?

[ Last edited by peterb at 2009-3-8 05:05 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-8 17:39:46 |Display all floors

Logic is so foreign ?

# 69 laohu,

I did not say it is the US , you did . You are more learned than I gave you credit for , sorry . You are a brain . Three cheers .

Why are our German and American friends here so blinkered ?  When China spoke up against the warrant issued by the ICC it does not mean they approve of the killings .Do you never learn logic in your schools ?  It is a shame that we are hearing so much rabid rantings from these cretins when I know how intelligent most Germans and Americans are . Are you here just to make a nuisance of yourselves ? You are doing a great job then . Blah .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-8 20:33:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2009-3-8 17:39
When China spoke up against the warrant issued by the ICC it does not mean they approve of the killings .b ...

No it doesn't mean that it approves the killings, you are right. However, China should have a VERY guilty conscience if it doesn't approve of the killings, since as I said it has financed the Sudanese gvt for years, and that same gvt is the one responsible for the killings. That is the inconsistency. And then you talk about logics...?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.