Views: 4957|Replies: 17

do you think prayer should be obligatory in school? [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 4

Post time 2009-3-3 17:01:37 |Display all floors
One of my customers who is a protestant came across a dreadful event.Her eight year old son was expelled from school because he denied to say the prayer which all the catholic students is necessary to sing.
  Italy as a deeply catholic ruled country is unwilling to reconcile  with the idea that there are so many people who have different religion attitude.
Now Italy has been flooded with thousands of immigrants who are not catholic in dogma ,we have muslim ,non religious people and thousands of protestants.


Schools start the day with the national hymn of Italy and  religious hymns and prayers .
Your opinion please.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2009-3-3 17:32:57 |Display all floors
Seems like a country that takes its heritage seriously.

Increasingly rare these days.  A lost cause it feels sometimes.

Diversity is to be worshipped instead.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-3-3 21:30:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2009-3-3 17:01
One of my customers who is a protestant came across a dreadful event.Her eight year old son was expelled from school because he denied to say the prayer which all the catholic students is necessary ...

Hi Rosey,
in Greece prayer is obligatory.We are formally christian orthodox.We have some immigrants who come from Albania in our schools but they normally get baptised to orthodox.I have never heard of such a story and I do not thnk that the greek school would force anybody to say his prayer.
I totally disagree with this cruel mentality and attitude.Children follow their parents religion.It is not their fault to be what they are.It is shameful to be faced like this poor boy.
Tell your pope to be more reasonable.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2009-3-4 10:19:20 |Display all floors

-

Rosepanther, if the parents enroll the children in a religious school (Cahtolic School) then prayer of the faith of that school is expected...
   If the children are in a public government sponsored then no prayer.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2009-3-4 15:05:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2009-3-4 10:19
Rosepanther, if the parents enroll the children in a religious school (Cahtolic School) then prayer of the faith of that school is expected...
   If the children are in a public government sponsor ...


   
It was a state school located in a poor area with lots of mixed nationality people .The school directors are   mailnly  fanatic religious ,rust mind persons.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2009-3-4 15:09:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-3-3 21:30

Hi Rosey,
in Greece prayer is obligatory.We are formally christian orthodox.We have some immigrants who come from Albania in our schools but they normally get baptised to orthodox.I have never h ...



   hehe  your archbishop would agree?Did you ask?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2009-3-5 17:49:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2009-3-3 17:01
One of my customers who is a protestant came across a dreadful event.Her eight year old son was expelled from school because he denied to say the prayer which all the catholic students is necessary ...


Look like you bring me back to a back-wards world.
It's hard to believe.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.